Standards for Excellence: Bridge to Excellence
Ready to take your investment in nonprofit accountability to the next level? Interested in showing your commitment to public transparency and community impact? The Bridge to Excellence is a 10-session peer cohort experience to sharpen an organization’s implementation of the principles and benchmarks in the Standards for Excellence© curriculum. Participants will receive peer and instructor based coaching on improving policies and practices to benefit an organization’s commitment to the principles and practices taught in the Standards for Excellence two-day course. Every organization can benefit from taking a closer view of implementing “the Standards,” but this course will also prepare organizations to be ready to apply for accreditation in the nationally recognized Standards for Excellence program. Fully-accredited organizations are recognized as leading examples of nonprofit ethics and accountability and may use the Standards for Excellence seal on their materials as well as their Candid/Guidestar profile.
Who should take the course?
Any person interested in applying Standards for Excellence benchmarks deeper in their organization or applying for accreditation. Recommended Executive Director, Board Members, Director of Operations, Program Directors, or other senior level managers responsible for operationalizing standards throughout the organization.
October 20, 2020, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
November 10, 2020, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
December 15, 2020, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
January 19, 2021, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
February 16, 2021, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
March 23, 2021, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
April 20, 2021, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
May 18, 2021, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
June 8, 2021, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
July 13, 2021, 10a.m. – 11:30a.m.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Sharpen practices and disciplines for implementing the Standards for Excellence benchmarks across the organization.
- Educate their board, staff, and volunteers on nonprofit best-practices.
- Take action and make practical changes to the organization’s policies and procedures based on solid ethics, guiding principles, legal compliance, and “what works” when leading a nonprofit agency.
- Workout solutions to real-life barriers with a supportive group of peers and colleagues.
- Identify at least one item from each Standards for Excellence session to strengthen their organization and work on with the support from a Standards for Excellence coach and facilitator.
- Be ready to successfully complete an application for accreditation in the Standards for Excellence at either the Basics, Basics Enhanced, or Full Accreditation level.
Applications for accreditation are reviewed independently from this course. Organizations that complete the Bridge to Excellence Series will receive 20% off their accreditation application fee if they apply within a year of completion.