Payee Services Coordinator
The Payee Services Coordinator provides payee services in Tulsa to various populations to assist them with the budgeting of their Supplemental Social Security and/or Social Security income and other benefits the client may be entitled to.
- Provide payee support services to the mentally ill, homeless or near homeless, physically disabled and aging populations to assist them with the budgeting of their Supplemental Social Security and/or Social Security income, and other benefits one may be entitled to as their Representative Payee as recognized by the Social Security Administration.
- Use benefits received for client to meet current needs with food, clothing and shelter having top priority.
- Provide proper accounting to Social Security for the use of client’s benefit funding.
- Responsible for the intake, processing and explaining of the Payee Services Program to the respective client.
- Process and mail all checks that need to be written for that particular day to ensure clients’ bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Answering incoming phone calls and voice messages.
- Responsible for completing and filing all necessary paperwork from the Social Security Administration, including yearly Representative Payee Reports.
- Responsible for completing monthly budgets for each client to show how the client’s income will be distributed.
- Maintain a close working relationship with community agency case managers and staff, ensuring clients are getting the optimal services they need.
- Provide light case management duties for client as needed.
- Provide advocacy on the client’s behalf.
- Deposit all client income checks.
- Maintain accurate client notes.
- Assist accountants with accounting duties as requested.
- File copies of client checks, deposits and monthly bank logs.
- Provide additional support/backup to other Payee Service Agents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services, business or public relations field or equivalent work experience as determined by the Leader of Payee Services and/or the Director of Human Resources.
- Social work and/or case management experience, preferably in the mental health or community services field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and present data contained in those records in a timely manner.
- Ability to share information through teaching and training.
- Knowledge of communities where Payee Services are provided.
- Ability to relate effectively with people.
Position Reports to:
DIRECTOR OF PAYEE SERVICES
To Apply for this Job: