VISTA On-line Learning Coordinator
The On-line Learning Coordinator is part of a three-year VISTA project which provides the necessary research, construction, and delivery to build the capacity for the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits to provide on-line/on-demand instruction and learning opportunities. Nonprofit professional in remote locations increasingly request on-demand/on-line professional development resources to minimize additional travel expenses related to in-person training opportunities. Nonprofit professionals throughout the state will benefit from having flexible professional development opportunities that fit demanding schedules and limited resources.
The On-line Learning Coordinator will conduct the research and assist in the curriculum re-designing that pivots the Center’s professional development instruction to an on-line/on-demand format. This position will research nonprofit learning and professional development needs, assist the training and development team with curriculum design and delivery for an on-line format, and conduct quality and learning assessment evaluations. They will also work with the training team to provide on-line resources that are free or low-cost for nonprofit organizations such as manuals, templates, and information papers, to further advance the rural nonprofit organizations enabling them to serve the needs of low-income and rural communities.
The On-line Learning Coordinator can be expected to experience and gain:
- Greater understanding of the nonprofits in Oklahoma and the professional development opportunities that will rural nonprofits need.
- Aptitude in conducing statewide research including survey construction, data analysis, evaluation assessment.
- Relationships with nonprofit professionals throughout the state, including the 25-person staff in this organization.
- Networking opportunities with nonprofit and community leaders
- Experience in working the Learning Management Systems (LMS) and a Customer Relation Management (CRM) Salesforce software.
- Experience in curriculum and instructional design, adult learning, learning assessments, and professional development.
This position reports to the Director of Learning and Professional Development and works closely with the training team, including the Training Manager, Manager of Member Services, interns, and the Vice President of Programs.
- Availability to work in a VISTA program and serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to advance local solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Must have some experience in working with or volunteering in a nonprofit organization. In lieu of a degree, work experience will be accepted with the CEO’s approval.
Program Benefits: Health coverage through VISTA healthcare benefits, living allowance, training, choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, moving stipend and childcare if qualified.
Service Areas: community outreach, community and economic development, education
To Apply for Job
Please send a cover letter, resume to Matt Cordray, Director of Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will also be asked to complete an application.