Shared Financial Services Accountant
- Provide superior financial management service to our Shared Services Clients (85%).
- Provide administrative support to our growing Shared Services Program (15%).
- Successful candidate will:
- Be committed to the Center’s commitment to nonprofit excellence.
- Possess outstanding communications skills.
- Be able to work independently and as a team member dedicated to excellent client service and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate an acute attention to detail.
- Ensure that segregation of duties is maintained.
- Analyze financial transactions and prepare reports; ensuring accuracy in financial documents, expenditures, and investments.
- Regularly monitor bookkeeping activities, including the management of payables and receivables.
- Oversee ledger reconciliation; including month-end close process.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- May be responsible for banking processes, including deposits.
- Prepares or assists with grant reporting and compliance; including government grants.
- May attend client governance and committee meetings.
- Develop operating procedures & job aids for Shared Services Program.
- Stay informed on industry developments and changes in regulation.
- Ability to travel. Must have car and driver’s license. Mileage reimbursement for client-related travel.
- Must be able to sit for long periods, lift more than 5 pounds, navigate stairs, communicate on telephone and in person, work on a computer, and be able to speak in public.
- Other bookkeeping and financial management duties as may be assigned by the Director of Shared Services.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. In lieu of a degree, related job experience will be accepted with approval of the President/CEO.
- 3-5 years nonprofit bookkeeping / accounting experience; CPA certification preferred.
- Experienced in MS Excel and some form of accounting software; minimum intermediate level.
Reports To Director of Shared Financial Services with overall oversight by Vice President of Programs.
To Apply for Job
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references with the job title in the subject line to Matt Cordray, firstname.lastname@example.org.