Creative Marketing Director/Manager
Creative Marketing Director/Manager (dependent upon experience)
• Support the Center’s marketing needs through implementation of a comprehensive system of publications, electronic communications and other materials to build membership, advertise Center training and fundraising events and position the Center and its staff as a statewide thought leader in nonprofit management.
PROGRAM SUPPORT AND MARKETING
• Advertise all training events and capacity building programs through an array of integrated marketing channels, including electronic, print and mass media.
• Maintain and oversee the website, social media, other electronic media along with various print publications to ensure attendance at and use of Center programs. This includes oversight of all event calendars, job board, training calendar and other Center public information.
• Prepare all print materials for programs, including: training catalog, membership catalog, occasional postcards, tear-sheets and other materials (as necessary) to ensure attendance at all events.
• Assist program department in development of forms and channels for sign-ups for all training events.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT – MARKETING SUPPORT
• In partnership with the Vice President of External Affairs and Senior Director of Development, develop and disseminate campaign materials for various fundraising endeavors throughout the calendar year, including the annual fund’s Campaign for Excellence, annual report, various postcards and other print or electronic materials as necessary.
• Manage the dissemination of information through our website, social media and email platforms as it pertains to fundraising, including acknowledgement (when appropriate) of sponsors and donors, news releases about donors, etc.
FUNDRAISING EVENT MARKETING
• Oversee marketing and communications for the Oklahoma Nonprofit Excellence (ONE) Awards, Visions: A Celebration of Nonprofit Leadership, and any other fundraising or friend raising events, including donor receptions or other special gatherings.
• Follow all timelines for events and manage projects related to fundraising and program events.
• Manage all communications-related vendor relationships and other marketing needs for fundraising and program events.
ADMINISTRATION AND OTHER DUTIES
• Help to develop an annual marketing and communications plan in partnership with the Vice President of External Affairs, Vice President of Programs and the President/CEO.
• Provide reports as requested by the Vice President of External Affairs, President and CEO, board of directors and committees.
• Directly supervise or manage interns and outside graphic designers or print providers as needed.
• Prepare and disseminate two weekly mass emails to various lists.
• It is the responsibility of all Center employees to recruit, recognize and retain volunteers and donors.
• Maintain professionalism, organizational standards and confidentiality as a representative of the Center to all donors, members and other key stakeholders.
• Other duties may be assigned by the Vice President of External Affairs.
• Ability to travel regularly throughout the state and outside of Oklahoma as needed.
• Provide guidance and expertise to nonprofits through helplines, informal consultation, training and consulting projects, community events and other channels as needed.
• Engage in professional development activities such as training, conferences, research and coaching, as well as attend various community events.
• Provide general administrative functions such as expense reporting, budget oversight, consultation with other team members, attendance at scheduled meetings and acting as a liaison to various committees and the board of directors.
• Normal administrative office duties
• Other duties as may be assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in journalism, design, business or other similar degree. In lieu of a degree, job experience will be accepted, with approval of the President/CEO
• More than five years of experience as a marketing and creative professional
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including ability to deliver presentations
• High level of creativity
• Project management working with multiple internal customers and external vendors
• Experience working with nonprofits
• Special events
• Superior command of technology
• Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Video and Photography
• Knowledge of all Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
• Basic knowledge of database software (DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
• Vice President of External Affairs
• Overall Report to the President/CEO
• Marketing Coordinator, Interns and Other Volunteers; possible management of vendor relationships or an outside graphic designer
To Apply for Job
Instructions: Please send a resume, letter of interest and at least three design and writing samples (or link to online portfolio). A LinkedIn profile will also be helpful. All materials should be emailed to Matt Cordray at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those interested will also be asked to fill out an application.