The Exhibits Intern, in alignment with the internship learning goals, will complete a special project related to development, design, and/or fabrication of exhibits that will support and inform future projects for Discovery Lab.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primary functions:
- Working with Director of Exhibits and Exhibits Manager to develop and design an interactive exhibit.
- Collecting formative, process, or summative data for exhibit evaluation to inform future projects.
- Working with the Exhibits Manager to fabricate exhibit items which meet internship learning goals and Discovery Lab standards.
- Within the boundaries of the internship learning goals, using innovative technology and/or construction techniques to create an exhibit experience that is unique to Discovery Lab.
- Secondary functions:
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Exhibits
- Learning Components:
- Design skills
- Fabrication/construction skills
- Data analysis, entry, and presentation skills
- Cross-functional collaboration skills
- Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- CAD experience preferred
- Experience with power tools and/or computer coding preferred
- Education & work experience:
- Intern must be enrolled at least part-time in a graduate or undergraduate program with studies supporting a career in Museum Studies, Education, Construction, Design, or a related field.
- Knowledge of museum/exhibit development
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in a language in addition to English to support Discovery Lab’s accessibility mission and objectives
Position Reports to:
Director of Exhibits
To Apply for this Job:
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org