Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma, Oklahoma’s leading professional theatre, is seeking a Development Coordinator with the ability to successfully advance multiple projects at once while paying close attention to detail and customer service to assist in achieving the mission of Lyric, a 501c3 non-profit organization. The Development Coordinator is a vital member of the administrative staff and reports to the Director of Development. This position contains both high-level and low-level tasks and requires a customer service-driven and detail-oriented professional who is eager to be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced and beloved Oklahoma City institution. Preferred position requirements include experience working in a development or advancement department at a non-profit organization.
Founded in 1963, Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma is the state’s leading professional theatre company producing classic to contemporary musicals and plays created by artists from Oklahoma and around the nation. Shows are presented at two Oklahoma City venues – the intimate, 279-seat Plaza Theatre and the grand, 2,477-seat Civic Center Music Hall.
● Manage all gift entry and donation tracking within the organization’s CRM / donor database
● Maintain accurate data including entering contributions, pledges, and relevant donor information
● Oversee the generation and dissemination of donor tax information and applicable benefits
● Ensure donor recognition and listing information for print publications and campaigns is accurate
● Assist with planning and implementing the annual individual giving campaign, including coordinating direct response activity
● Coordinate with Lyric’s Box Office to ensure and encourage patronage of season subscribers
● Serve as the point of contact for the Allied Arts board and staff giving campaigns
● Conduct reconciliations and serve as the liaison between Development and Finance related to donations and financial tracking
● In coordination with Lyric’s Director of Development, conduct a full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources for organizational funding
● Coordinate sponsor benefits for all of Lyric’s corporate partners
● Generate weekly development reports and other reports as necessary
● Assist in the coordination of special events
● Responsible for gathering qualified volunteers to meet the staffing needs of Lyric's Broadway Ball and Broadway & Brew fundraising events and overseeing the volunteers during the events
● Assist with the hiring and supervision of development interns
● Maintain current Board of Directors contact information and update rosters accordingly
● Coordinate all board and executive committee correspondence
● Assist with the preparation for Board meetings, new member orientation, and events to include select minutes, agendas, and annual reports
● Support the Senior Staff in all departments, as needed
● Attend all Lyric Theatre productions and fund-raising events
● Additional duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
● Degree in non-profit management, arts management, communications, or equivalent business degree or experience is required
● 1+ years of experience with a non-profit organization working in a development, fundraising, or advancement department desired
● Experience working for a professional theatre or arts organization preferred
● Understanding of data management, analytics and reporting, successful development practices, and donor engagement strategies preferred
● Proven ability to thrive in a team-oriented and mission-driven environment
● Demonstrated excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
● Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
● Exhibited excellent organizational and sound decision-making skills with attention to detail
● Ability to take initiative to solve problems
● Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
● Demonstrated to interact graciously and attentively with all stakeholders in a variety of situations and resolve challenging circumstances successfully
● Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or G Suite
● Preferred demonstrated understanding of a CRM / donor database (Lyric uses Patron Manager)
Hours and Salary: This position is full time and requires some off-peak hours for evening meetings and events. / Salary and title are commensurate with experience and competitive with other 501c3 organizations of comparable stature and size in Oklahoma. Package includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick, long-term disability and personal time.
Position Reports to:
Director of Development
To Apply for this Job:
To apply, please submit the following electronically to: Catherine@LyricTheatreOKC.org or mail to: Director of Development, Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma, 1727 NW 16th, Oklahoma City, OK 73106. Include the following:
• Cover letter
• Salary requirements
• Contact info for four professional references including name, title, email, phone, and relationship. We will not contact references without your knowledge.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lyric Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.