Project Manager for Data & Technology
George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF) is a charitable organization dedicated to providing an equal opportunity for young children in Tulsa through investments in early childhood education, community health, social services and civic enhancement.
GKFF is currently seeking a mission-driven and experienced candidate to fill the role of Project Manager for Data and Technology for the Birth through Eight Strategy for Tulsa.
Birth through Eight Strategy for Tulsa, known as BEST, represents an exciting opportunity for Tulsa. Nationally distinctive in its size, scope, and depth of partner engagement, BEST is a comprehensive, continuous and integrated approach that focuses on families to help break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. This strategy knits together programs and services to create a seamless continuum of support. Programs, services, community agencies and philanthropies are partnering with Tulsa’s families to build a cycle of opportunity.
BEST currently partners with over two dozen public and non-profit agencies that are delivering health, education, criminal justice and social services to children and families in Tulsa. As part of the entrepreneurial BEST Team and the small and growing BEST Data Team, the Project Manager for Data and Technology will ensure that data-related projects sponsored by BEST are executed while maintaining a high level of communication and collaboration with BEST service providers and community members. The Project Manager for Data and Technology will work to incorporate community members’ perspectives into technology and data decisions and will drive consensus towards decisions that maximize community trust. The Project Manager for Data and Technology will need to facilitate a high degree of communication, coordination, and alignment with external partners and vendors. The BEST Project Manager for Data and Technology will be heavily involved in managing both BEST's primary milestones around data and smaller data-related projects, supported by external vendors. The Project Manager for Data and Technology will also need to exercise strong communications skills to manage up to BEST’s Director of Data Systems and Technology, to collaborate with other BEST team members and to coordinate with other data-related projects within the broader community. This is a full-time position with benefits. This position will be office-based in Tulsa, although it will start as remote work due to COVID-19 until the office reopens.
A member of the GKFF BEST Team, the Project Manager for Data and Technology will report to and work closely with the BEST Director of Data Systems and Technology. This person will also work closely with other members of the GKFF BEST team, coordinate with BEST partners and technology vendors, and collaborate with local and national external stakeholders on a regular basis. The Project Manager for Data and Technology with work with the BEST team and community leaders to meaningfully incorporate feedback from and perspectives of clients receiving services.
- Collaborate with BEST Director of Data Systems and Technology to manage relationships and primary milestones of BEST's data work.
- Build and execute project plans that account for inclusion of diverse perspectives (e.g., from end-user community members and clients) in planning and requirements gathering process.
- Collaborate with BEST program partners to create and manage data-related project plans.
- Manage local partnerships and relationships around shared closed-loop referral software.
- Manage flexible resourcing of technology consultants to support partner technology needs.
- Assist BEST partners with technology-related requests for proposals (RFPs), statements of work (SOWs) and general contracting needs.
- Manage the creation of technical requirements documents.
- Communicate with technology vendors and facilitate negotiations, payment and contracts.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure they approach partnerships in ways that align with BEST values of community trust and collaboration.
Ad Hoc Partner Assistance:
- Support BEST partner agencies with technology-related projects.
- Assist with creation of training materials, participate in short-term technology-related training and support.
- Create and organize documentation of business processes in support of BEST goals.
- Collaborate with the Director of Data Systems and Technology to :
- Develop agendas for meetings with BEST partners and community members,
- Develop feedback loops for partners and stakeholders who have provided input.
- Organize meeting content and participation and collect and present relevant data and technology information to key stakeholders.
- Support creation of formal reports shared with the GKFF board and outside investment partners.
- Collaborate with the Director of Data Systems and Technology and others to coordinate efficient meeting schedules with broader GKFF team members, including administrative staff.
- Incorporate BEST core values into all communications.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- At least 5 years of related experience in project management preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience with project management of software development or software implementation
- Experience developing consensus among diverse stakeholder groups
- Experience with project management software (Asana, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project and/or other)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Client Relationship Manager (CRM) strongly preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and web-based software with minimal support
- Experience with technology vendor negotiations and contracting
- Experience with design thinking, creative problem solving and/or conceptual modeling a plus
- Experience with consulting, supporting stakeholder development or facilitating large groups preferred
- Experience working with nonprofit, governmental agencies or charitable organizations preferred
- Experience with initiatives focused on anti-poverty, racial equity and/or young children preferred
- A commitment to taking on bold and ambitious initiatives in order to tackle intergenerational poverty and significantly expand opportunities for the children and families of Tulsa
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, with experience integrating these values into community-centered data work
- Ability and flexibility to perform and adapt in a fast-paced, start-up environment with ongoing refinements to processes and scope of work based on the mission of BEST and the build-out of the BEST Team
Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and sound judgment, with an emphasis on:
- Collaborating with peers and a wide range of partners using a solutions-oriented, strengths-based approach;
- Demonstrating integrity and using appropriate judgment to determine how to engage with peers and partners as well as to manage up;
- Influencing others without formal supervisory authority;
- Actively listening to and empathizing with others; and
- Cultural competency: Empathy and ability to build rapport with individuals from various cultures, experiences and backgrounds
- Strong organizational, time management, project management and problem solving skills, with impressive ability to balance competing priorities and deliverables, required
- Strong skills in developing, managing and refining processes and systems to increase efficiency, enhance coordination and advance organizational goals
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and written and verbal communication skills required
- Commitment to personal and professional development and the ability to incorporate feedback from a wide range of sources into continuous improvement efforts
- Ability to balance competing priorities while maintaining efficiency; ability to establish goals and execute with limited supervision
- Proactive and able to anticipate needs and issues
- Cover letter and resume are required to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. We are an e-verify employer.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on this website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, we offer the following alternate application procedure: Contact Human Resources at 918-947-6215, and we will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.
To Apply for this Job:
Or visit the TCF website at www.tulsacf.org under "Current Job Opportunities"