ECS Teachers Aide
The Teachers’ Aide provides daily care to children in HS/EHS classroom using appropriate child guidance techniques and building responsive relationships with classroom teachers, staff, children and families. Assist supervisor in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our clients’ cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services’ core values and to perform as Sunbeam’s standards of excellence at all times.
Our core values are:
Champion Spirit – We work like a champion every day: paying attention to details and performing with excellence
Servant Heart – We exhibit humility in serving everyone; no job is below anyone and we all pull together to get the work done.
Sunny Attitude –We bring a smile and a positive attitude. We treat each other with respect, ensuring an energized work environment.
The Teachers’ Aide will work collaboratively with the Associate Teacher/Lead Teacher to ensure the successful operation of the classroom by:
- Promoting, encouraging and displaying examples of leadership for the agency in accordance with the agency mission driven, employee first culture.
- Demonstrate capacity for providing developmentally appropriate practice, for exemplifying the values expected within the program, and for promoting the mission of the organization.
- Assist supervisor in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment.
- Ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal and state regulation, and Community Care Licensing requirements.
- On-going professional development through education, role modeling, mentoring, and providing training and resources.
- Ensure implementation of HS/EHS written curriculum plan.
- Maintain record keeping and reporting systems to ensure accurate information, with timely completion and follow-up.
- Work in a team setting with all staff to determine individual needs of children including children with disabilities or special needs.
- Provide support for other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values.
- Child Development Associate (Infants/Toddlers) or (Preschool) depending on class age group assignment.
Associate’s degree preferred
- 1 year of prerequisite related work experience preferred
- Experience in Early Childhood Education and Early Head Start preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of Head Start/Early Head Start performance standards and state and local child care license requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication to include intermediate knowledge of computer operations and applications and the ability to master other computer technology/software programs, as needed
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Previous knowledge and understanding of ChildPlus preferred
- Advanced computer database and Microsoft Office software skills preferred
- Previous knowledge and understanding of NAEYC preferred
- Must work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exercise independent judgment
- Communicate in a professional manner, demonstrating dignity and respect for our internal, external and community members
- Process, protect and exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials
- Sustained concentration to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to prioritize workload
- Willingness to work with high-risk, low-income communities
- Local travel required and must have valid Oklahoma driver’s license and insurance as required by the position.
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking preferred
Additional Job Requirements:
- Clearance of background check and drug screen
- TB screen required
- Physical required.
Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 50 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The employee will work in an office environment, may work in close quarters with other staff and small children. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud; frequent chaotic situations will occur, characteristic to working with children ages 0 – 5 years. Employee must expect exposure to strong odors such as soiled diapers and clothes, and poor hygiene. May come into contact with childhood diseases and blood on occasion.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Sunbeam Family Services is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.
To Apply for this Job:
Please visit https://sunbeamfamilyservices.org/careers/ to apply.