The Communications Manager is the primary staff member responsible for branding, communications, media relations, graphics and event coordination at Positive Tomorrows. The Communications Manager is responsible for designing a communications plan to meet the needs of Positive Tomorrows and its clients as expressed in the Purpose Statement, Missions Statement and Strategic Plan. The Communications Manager serves as the primary graphic designer and photographer for all Positive Tomorrows materials. The Communications Manager coordinates donor cultivation events in collaboration with the Executive Vice President. The Communications Manager assists with outreach and presentations in the community, including United Way activities, and Public Relations to increase exposure for the organization. The Communications Manager serves as staff member liaison to the Marketing Committee on the Board of Directors.
- A university degree; 2 or more years successful experience in graphic design, fundraising, media relations, volunteer recruitment or training and support.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to clearly communicate to media and create interesting media opportunities.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Project Management software, design software, photography and Database software.
Position Reports to:
Executive Vice President
To Apply for this Job:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com