The mission of Dale K. Graham Veterans Foundation is to share our collective knowledge and experience to help military veterans and their families with the Veterans Administration claims process. Our goal is to get each client to their maximum authorized disability rating. From determining what is available and which forms are needed, to simplifying the arduous steps of completion and submission, we walk them through the entire process and know how to get the job done. And there is never a charge for our help.
What You’ll Do
DKGVF seeks a full-time Executive Director who will provide leadership, strategic direction and vision for the development and achievement of the organization’s mission in partnership with the Board of Directors. The position is in Norman.
As executive director, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of leading this growing non-profit including, but not limited to:
- Maintain the organization’s positive image and expand awareness
- Oversee grant-making program by ensuring proposed projects are properly evaluated and executed.
- Articulate and initiate the development, implementation and communication of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Conduct yearly strategic planning session with staff and reports to board on initiatives and progress on them.
- Create a positive work culture that encourages employee/volunteer engagement and satisfaction.
- Is the face and voice of the organization.
- Direct supervision of Program Director and administrative admin.
Innovation, Operations & Planning
- Monitor program analytics.
- Lead new initiatives and monitor return on efforts.
- Identify tools and put in place processes that will help the organization achieve its mission while also introducing operating efficiencies.
- Collaborate with team to improve operations and volunteer engagement.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing funding sources and generate new and diversified funding sources.
- Work with the finance committee and board to develop and monitor the annual budget and effectively communicate variances in projected versus actual income and expenditures.
- Ensure the financial health of the organization by employing sound fiscal management and providing strategic financial input and leadership on key decisions.
Board of Directors Relations
- Collaborate with the Board and its committees to generate funds to meet the organization’s budgetary goals and needs.
- Collaborate with the Board and its committees to develop short-term and long-term priorities, goals and tactical plans to ultimately promote the organization’s growth.
- Keep the Board and its committees informed of trends or VA-process changes that impact the work of the foundation.
- Passion for helping veterans and their families
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable with public speaking and acting as a spokesperson
- Experience in openly listening, building coalitions, and partnerships
- A self-directed, entrepreneurial and innovative approach
- Financial acumen and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of management experience and a track record of effective leadership in an outcomes-based organization/program
- Fundraising experience
- Volunteer relations experience
- Familiarity with VA disability claims process a plus
Position Reports to:
Board of Directors
To Apply for this Job:
To apply, please submit a resume and adequate contact information of three (3) professional references no later than December 1st to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020