ECS Content Specialist
The Content Specialist will work to provide administrative and data-entry support to assigned ECS Content Coordinators in order to support and meet the requirements of the Early Child-hood Services program and mission
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our clients’ cultural and socio-economic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services core values and to perform at Sunbeam’s standards of excellence at all times.
Our core values are:
Champion Spirit – We work like a champion every day: paying attention to details and performing with excellence
Servant Heart – We exhibit humility in serving everyone; no job is below anyone and we all pull together to get the work done.
Sunny Attitude –We bring a smile and a positive attitude. We treat each other with respect, ensuring an energized work environment.
- Promote, encourage and display examples of leadership for the agency in accordance with the agency mission driven, employee first culture.
- Demonstrate capacity for providing developmentally appropriate and evidence-based practice, for exemplifying the values expected within the program, and for promoting the mission of the organization.
- Follow systems to effectively organize information, in a time-sensitive manner, and provide it to others as needed.
- Effectively prioritize projects delegated by a variety of staff to accomplish tasks in the timeframe specified and at a high level of quality and confidentiality.
- Respect the confidential nature of the information that may be shared with them.
- Accurately communicate information in minutes, e-mail, memos and other written and verbal correspondence.
- Perform daily office duties, including answering telephone calls, maintaining computer and software systems at optimum efficiency for duties, and providing support for other staff as needed.
- Greet and assists all visitors/callers in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Perform data entry and updating for on-going projects, including but not limited to Child Plus, cc.net, the annual PIR (Program Information Report), etc.
- Design and edit drafts of correspondence, reports, forms, charts, memos, and other documents, as needed.
- Attend Early Childhood Services staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Ensure that all reports and records are maintained accurately and promptly.
- Provide support for other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values.
- AA/AS degree in education, social work, psychology, or a related field.
- Bachelors Degree, preferred.
- 1 year of work within the child welfare system
- Experience in Head Start/Early Head Start, preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of Head Start/Early Head Start performance standards and state and local child care license requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication to include intermediate knowledge of computer operations and applications and the ability to master other computer technology/software programs, as needed
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Previous knowledge and understanding of Child Plus preferred
- Advanced computer database and Microsoft Office software skills preferred
- Previous knowledge and understanding of NAEYC preferred
- Must work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exercise independent judgment
- Communicate in a professional manner, demonstrating dignity and respect for our internal, external and community members
- Process, protect and exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials
- Sustained concentration to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to prioritize workload
- Willingness to work with high-risk, low-income communities
- Must be able to travel and work some evenings and weekends as required by the job
- Must provide own vehicle for travel
- Local travel required and must have valid Oklahoma driver’s license and insurance as required by the position
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking, Preferred
Additional Job Requirements
- Must pass required background check, TB and Physical
Office hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 50 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The employee will work in an office environment, may work in close quarters with other staff and small children. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud; frequent chaotic situations will occur, characteristic to working with children ages 0 – 5 years. Employee must expect exposure to strong odors such as soiled diapers and clothes, and poor hygiene. May come into contact with childhood diseases and blood on occasion.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Sunbeam Family Services is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.
To Apply for this Job:
To apply please visit our careers page at:
Monday, November 16, 2020