Make-A-Wish Oklahoma Spring Internship
Throughout the year, Make-A-Wish® Oklahoma offers a variety of unpaid internships to provide opportunities for students and recent graduates, to receive academic credit and/or valuable work experience in the nonprofit field. Students must be a junior or senior to apply.
Fundraising/Events Intern - OKC & TULSA
- Focus on fundraising, with possible experience in event planning, donor solicitation, data management, individual and corporate donations, public relations including media relations for wish children and events.
Intake & Wish File Management Intern - OKC office only
- Focus on Wish Referral intake while supporting the Intake & Wish Referral Manager with all outreach and referral needs. There is a lot of interaction with medical professionals and wish families.
Volunteer Management Intern - OKC & TULSA
- All with a focus on volunteer recruitment, training, communication, and management, in support of our wish children. There is a lot of interaction with wish families, children and volunteers.
Program Services Intern - OKC office only
- Focus on needs for Program team, including filing and research. There is also some interaction with wish families and volunteers in the planning of wish experiences.
Executive Operations & Development Intern - OKC office only
- Assist our development team and CEO by conducting research, seeking out potential speaking engagements, planning fundraising events and activities, etc.
- 6 months to 1 year of current office experience or
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior or
- Recent graduate (if you are a recent graduate, we will expect a commitment through internship semester)
All internships require a minimum of 180 hours and 12-15 hours per week spent in the office each week until completion. Preference may be given to students willing to commit to two semesters. Please consider school and any extra-curricular activities before applying. We allow students to be very involved in creating their schedule, so we expect you can commit to the required time spent in the office.
Hours and Salary:
To Apply for this Job:
Email cover letter, resume and completed application (found at oklahoma.wish.org/about-us/copy-of-employment-and-internships/internships) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, November 6, 2020