Community Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for assisting in managing the BOC’s growth and reach through communications, marketing, and fundraising initiatives.
- Must be outgoing and communicate effectively across all demographics
- Oversees the creation and management of fundraising events
- Maintains databases and spreadsheets for Blue Jeans Ball (BOC Annual Fundraiser) as well as help prepare reports and presentations.
- Assists with and executes an annual and long-term fund development plan to meet organizational goals
- Manages social media, newsletters, and creates other company communications as needed
- Maintains accurate and complete records and files for assigned fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely reviews the status of each with the Executive Director
- Researches, cultivates and solicits new individual, corporate, and foundation supporters
- Helps grow major donor relationships, partnering with Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop most effective and meaningful relationships with major donors
- Stewards individual, corporate, and foundation supporters at all levels of giving
- Coordinates with the Executive Director in the development and production of collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs and activities
- Helps manage promotion for all fundraising initiatives
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must have strong communication, organization, and management skills.
- Previous PR, marketing and development experience with proven results
- Knowledge of Microsoft based programs
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be willing to work Monday, Tuesday, Friday and/or daily to complete job responsibilities Some evenings and weekends may be necessary.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time are not required but may be expected to complete job responsibilities.
- Must be able to carry or lift 25 pounds.
- The need to bend, stoop or kneel is minimal.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Drug Free / Smoke Free workplace.
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
Send resume and cover letter to Missy Brumley:
Friday, November 6, 2020