The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing strategic direction and operation of the Organization in support of organizational mission and goals. Provides leadership, direction and support to the Board of Directors in developing organizational goals, attaining/allocating resources and establishing policies. Provides leadership and direction to staff in carrying out the key roles assigned to them. Serves as conduit between OKC PAL Board of Directors and Oklahoma City Police Department (OCPD). In conjunction with OKC PAL Lt., a position assigned by OCPD, provides leadership and direction to OCPD officers and staff assigned to OKC PAL unit in carrying out the key roles assigned to them.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Provides leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs:
- Support the organization’s mission and principles
- Maintain an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes (safety, robust programs, services and activities)
- Establish and monitor adherence to policies and procedures
- Implement a strategic planning process that results in the development and implementation of an inspirational yet attainable strategic plan,
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities for improvement and potential growth.
- Include community leaders/organizations in Strategic Plan implementation when appropriate.
- In conjunction with Board of Directors, identifies, recruits and develops effective Board members.
- Works closely with the Board Chair to create board meeting agendas and action items.
- Ensures active participation by Board members and support effective Board roles and functioning. Oversee Board committees to ensure they are provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives.
- Ensures the annual budget is funded and that the organization has adequate cash flow to meet obligations.
- Oversees the creation of plans for revenue development through a variety of fundraising techniques. As desired by board members, participate in cultivation and solicitation of donors (individual, foundation and corporate).
- Oversees planning and implementation of special events.
- Provides guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
- Ensures development, implementation and monitoring of the organization’s annual budget in collaboration with financial management staff, board treasurer and finance committee.
- Ensures all necessary administrative and operational systems are in place to support effective operations.
- Ensures productive and effective staff performance, providing guidance to staff as needed.
- Develops strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials.
- Develops collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, the Oklahoma City Public School District (OKCPS), members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
- Works toward the Oklahoma City Police Athletic League being viewed as the premier PAL Chapter nationwide.
- Maintains relationships with potential and current donors, external community groups, school officials, city, state and federal elected officials and others as needed.
- Provides visibility of programs, services, activities and impact to maintain a positive community image.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for media requests, delegating to a board member, staff, or OCPD when appropriate.
Ensures the development, implementation and completion of plans for keeping administrative and program technology current.
The Board of Directors may assign special projects as desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency, with at least two years in a leadership capacity; or an equivalent combination of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures; the principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
- Demonstrated ability or organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations.
- Leadership skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making, and delegation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, OCPD, OKCPS officials and staff, community groups, elected officials and related agencies.
- Basic knowledge of asset management.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Gifted community networker.
Position Reports to:
Board of Directors
Hours and Salary:
$65,000 - $75,000
To Apply for this Job:
Send resume and cover letter to Bettye Taylor, Bettye.Taylor@ExpressPros.com