The Development Director is a member of the Leadership Team and will lead and expand fundraising efforts, meet or exceed fundraising goals, launch the next phase of its growth, overseeing donor cultivation, stewardship, and retention, as well as events and projects. This position will work closely with supporters, the Board of Directors, and all staff. Ability to look at the fundraising landscape and project how best to move forward in our fundraising efforts is a plus.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plans to meet or exceed the current fundraising goals as set in the approved budget
- Assist leadership in the development, coordination and planning of a capital campaign
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Ability to manage political, community, and partner relationships appropriately and professionally
- Ability to take responsibility for their actions; to promote the agency in keeping with our 501 (c) 3 status and mission
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks at once
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and strategic analysis and planning
- Self-direction and autonomy working in an unstructured environment
- Demonstrated experience in inclusive collaboration with organizations and individuals
- Excellent proven written and spoken communication
- Ability to travel throughout Cleveland County as necessary. Use of personal vehicle during employment to travel throughout Cleveland County. A valid driver’s license and insurance required
- Ability to understand the role of the position, maintain boundaries between various positions within the agency including volunteers, board of directors and respect service boundaries
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends to attend meetings and events
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing, communication or related field; one to three years’ experience in finance, marketing, communications; or the equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- One to three years’ experience in fundraising management to include events, individual donors and corporate sponsorships.
- Proven record of setting, meeting and/or exceeding monthly/annual fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability in financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with diverse donors, sponsors, individual donors, small business and corporate sponsors, supporters, volunteers, co-workers, and the board. Ability to write and deliver clear, compelling, and persuasive donor solicitation requests.
- Ability to create and lead innovative approaches to community giving specific to the areas served in Cleveland County.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other donor data bases.
- Ability to work in social media platforms ethically within the context of domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking.
- Strong organizational skills a must. Ability to develop work plans from beginning to end, handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and take responsibility for actions.
- Ability to maintain a calm, efficient, and good-humored approach to work in an intense, changing, multifaceted work environment.
- Willingness to work with people from underserved populations (e.g., Tribal and Native communities, communities of color, LGBTQ communities, rural communities, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and in teams. Ability to mediate differences of opinion, think critically and with foresight, carry out assignment with limited direction adapts to change and be flexible.
- Commitment to ethical standards in the fundraising and domestic and sexual violence fields.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance and/or ability to travel locally or out of area.
- Enthusiastic support and understanding of the mission.
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
To Apply for this Job:
Send cover letter and resume to Kristy Stewart at email@example.com. Please put Development Director in the subject line.
WRC affirms that it does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or status as a veteran, in all aspects of employment and management.
Friday, September 25, 2020