DVSV Advocate-Satellite Office
The domestic violence/sexual violence advocate is responsible for providing crisis intervention, advocacy, supportive services for victims of domestic violence and/or sexual violence and stalking. In addition the DVSV Advocate is responsible for coordinating law enforcement agencies and social service agencies that provide services to victims of domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking.
- Comfortable working with individuals from varied backgrounds, gender identity and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must be self motivated, work both as a part of team and individually.
- This position requires good boundaries and the ability to practice self care.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must be comfortable using technology for reporting purposes and in providing services to clients should the need arise.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, public information, community development or human services field or an Associates of Applied Science in Crime Victim Survivor Serivces or related experience.
- General understanding of dynamics and prevention of sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking.
- One-year experience and/or training at a domestic violence shelter and/or rape crisis response and/or domestic violence/sexual violence crisis center.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to problem-solve.
Position Reports to:
Coordinator of the Satellite Office
Hours and Salary:
40 hrs; $28,000-$35,000
To Apply for this Job:
Send cover letter and resume to Debby Hooks at Debbyh@wrcweb.net. Please put DVSV Advocate SO in the subject line.
WRC affirms that it does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or status as a veteran, in all aspects of employment and management.
Friday, September 25, 2020