Toward the end of 1998, several charitably-minded leaders came together to help create Tulsa Community Foundation (TCF), a tax-exempt public charity organized to receive, administer and distribute gifts from individuals and organizations for the improvement of the Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma area. TCF is a collection of many charitable funds varying in size from $5,000 to multiple millions of dollars. Each fund has its own identity and benefits from being invested with other funds to create a lasting community resource. Currently, TCF manages over $4.4 billion among over 800 individual philanthropic funds. TCF staff members work daily with nonprofit agencies, corporations, individuals, government officials, and community leaders to provide superior service to the citizens of Tulsa and eastern Oklahoma, as well as to increase the charitable dollars contributed to our community.
This position is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of income received and accounts payable for Tulsa Community Foundation and affiliated non-profit entities. Additional financial reporting and administrative duties for related entities provide opportunities for diverse and challenging skillset development.
- Process accounts payable for program-related expenditures from multiple funds, assisting and cross-training with the Foundation's Grant Administrator.
- Maintain QuickBooks accounting records for several affiliated non-profit entities. Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Processing cash receipts, grant disbursements, and accounts payable
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing financial statements and requested reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Organizing and maintaining operating documents, loan agreements, and vendor payable files
Generate reports and create work papers for the Foundation's audit, Form 990, Form 1099, or other filings.
- Assist with specific projects, including daily or weekly journal entries, account reconciliations, or other necessary processes.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS & Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance or related, or equivalent experience
- 2 – 4 years of accounting experience required
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to utilize and become proficient at variety of computer programs
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Grant’s Edge, MicroEdge or similar CRM software preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently while functioning as a team player
- Strong organizational skills and excellent time management
- Analytical: Ability to perform analysis of spreadsheets relating to accounts payable entry and general accounting
- Customer Service: Strong desire to work with program staff, vendors, donors and others to provide responsive, respectful customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively with broad range of audiences
- Including but not limited to: external constituents, internal staff and all levels of management
- Comfortable working with diverse population
- Desire to create objectives, establish priorities and proceed with goals under limited supervision
- Strong desire to learn and continually improve skills and techniques within the role
- Strategic thinking and innovation – ability to reason and solve problems in high pressure situations; recognize strategic opportunities for systems change; introduce new tactics or approaches that significantly improve or revise existing systems
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment while managing multiple projects
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. We are an e-verify employer.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on this website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, we offer the following alternate application procedure: Contact Human Resources at 918-947-6215, and we will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.
To Apply for this Job:
Or visit the TCF website at www.tulsacf.org