BEST Administrative Intern
George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF) is a charitable organization dedicated to providing an equal opportunity for young children in Tulsa through investments in early childhood education, community health, social services and civic enhancement.
Birth through Eight Strategy for Tulsa (BEST) represents an exciting opportunity for Tulsa. This strategy is a comprehensive, continuous, and integrated approach that focuses on families to help break the cycle of intergenerational poverty for their children. Programs and services, community agencies and philanthropies are partnering with Tulsa's families to build a cycle of opportunity.
GKFF currently has an administrative position available:
Administrative Intern for the Birth through Eight Strategy for Tulsa (BEST) management team. As a member of the GKFF-BEST management team, the Administrative Intern will play an important role in supporting effective implementation of a transformative, multi-year strategy to improve outcomes for children in Tulsa ensuring their most important developmental stage, birth through the first eight years, are full of the opportunities needed to thrive. The Administrative Intern will assist the team with a variety of administrative responsibilities that help the team in reaching the initiative's goals. We anticipate this internship to be project-based, with the selected intern leading one or more administrative projects with weekly supervision and support from BEST.
The Administrative Intern will work part-time remotely for 10-15 hours each week, paid at a rate of $12/hour. Availability of two-hour blocks during the business hours of 9am-5pm required at least two days per week to meet virtually with the BEST operations team, collaborate, and receive support. Additional hours are flexible and mutually agreed upon to determine a consistent schedule for the internship duration of 10 weeks. Anticipated start date is early October with the internship ending in early December. Interns using this position for course credit are welcome to apply, but must disclose any additional requirements from their school if selected for an interview.
The Administrative Intern for the BEST Management Team will report to the Director of Operations. Regular check-ins and weekly support will be jointly facilitated by the Director of Operations and the Operations Coordinator.
Administration Intern Responsibilities:
- Support administrative operations and projects related to BEST partner collaborative touchpoints, including developing FAQ documents for internal and external use by the BEST team, BEST partners, and the public
- Support with administrative research and data collection, especially related to BEST program information
- Support CRM development projects and help maintain CRM data, including data input and validation
- Attend team meetings and weekly check-ins to engage in problem solving, receive support, and address progress and challenges related to assigned projects
- Special Projects and additional work as assigned: Provide support in preparing scheduled reports, team onboarding and other projects as needed.
- Continuous improvement and growth: Participate in activities to gain exposure to various aspects of BEST and GKFF and receive coaching and professional development from other members of the team.
Bachelor’s degree in progress at accredited university or college; preference given to candidates with a major or career focus that includes business, finance, management, or health, education, and social services related to BEST
- Ability to work independently in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro
- A commitment to addressing racial equity and taking on bold and ambitious initiatives in order to tackle intergenerational poverty and significantly expand opportunities for the children and families of Tulsa
- Ability to think proactively, perform and adapt in a fast-paced, start-up environment with ongoing refinements to processes and scope of work
- Excellent work ethic, takes pride in their work, pays close attention to detail, thoroughness, and consistent follow through; is a self-starter
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development and the ability to incorporate feedback from a wide range of sources into continuous improvement efforts
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and sound judgment, with an emphasis on:
Collaborating with peers and a wide range of partners using a solutions-oriented, strengths-based approach;
- Using appropriate judgment to determine how to engage with peers and partners as well as to manage up;
- Influencing others without formal supervisory authority;
- Actively listening to and empathizing with others; and
- Cultural competency: Empathy and ability to build rapport with individuals from various cultures, experiences and backgrounds
- Good attitude, strong character and creative
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Cover letter and resume are required to apply. When applying, please note your interest and/or familiarity with issues related to racial equity in Tulsa, and the work of BEST or the George Kaiser Family Foundation. Please include the name of at least one professional reference in your resume (this can be a prior/current professor or a job-related reference).
The Administrative Intern should have regular access to high-quality internet and a computer with access to MS Word; support acquiring these materials for the duration of the internship is available if needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. We are an e-verify employer.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on this website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, we offer the following alternate application procedure: Contact Human Resources at 918-947-6215, and we will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.
To Apply for this Job:
Or visit the TCF website at www.tulsacf.org