Adoption Center Operations Manager
Position is responsible for operational oversight and coordination of the rescue program and facility.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise staff.
- Recommend training / development opportunities.
- Seek additional sources of funding.
- Promote and support adoption events.
- Organize donations and interact with donors.
- Work with volunteers and assist with special events.
- Represent the shelter at community events.
- Order supplies.
- Develop operational procedures and assure adherence to procedures.
- Adhere to rescue guidelines and approve intake in accordance with guidelines.
- Assist with budget process.
- Organize and maintain detailed records for intake, adoption and operational expenses.
- Approve payroll.
- Complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Effectively and efficiently use a computer in support of mission.
- Be accountable not only for direct responsibilities outlined in this job description but also assist fellow staff with whom position interacts. Ensure actions and communications are honest and transparent.
- Other duties as assigned by an Officer of the Board of Directors.
- High School diploma or State Equivalency certification.
- Office administration or supervisory experience required.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience with proper animal handling and restraint methods.
- Ability to assess medical and behavioral changes in dogs & cats both visually and audibly.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs and to restrain active dogs weighing up to 110lbs.
- Strong leadership, organization, decision making, customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
- Availability to work varied shifts and extended hours as required.
- Ability to follow procedures governing safe work practices.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Involvement with other rescues must be disclosed.
Position Reports to:
Board of Directors
Hours and Salary:
To Apply for this Job:
Email the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, September 13, 2020