ECS Instructional Coach
The Instructional Coach is responsible for planning and coordinating the implementation of the ECS Education program. The Instructional Coach ensures that all regulations and mandates for federal, state, and local licensing are met and works with a team of class-room teachers and family members to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our client’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, reflect sunbeam family services core values and to perform as sunbeam’s standards of excellence at all times.
Our core values are:
Champion Spirit – We work like a champion every day: paying attention to details and performing with excellence
Servant Heart – We exhibit humility in serving everyone; no job is below anyone and we all pull together to get the work done.
Sunny Attitude –We bring a smile and a positive attitude. We treat each other with respect, ensuring an energized work environment.
The ECS Instructional Coach must be able to navigate through and discern information and resources and provide ongoing assessment of the quality of services by:
- Promoting, encouraging and displaying examples of leadership for the agency in accordance with the agency mission driven, employee first culture.
- Demonstrating capacity for providing developmentally appropriate and evidence-based practice, for exemplifying the values expected within the program, and for promoting the mission of the organization.
- Providing leadership to classroom teaching teams in: (1) design, delivery, and coordination of intensive professional development; (2) education program development; (3) facilitation of interdisciplinary collaboration; and (4) administrative support
- Providing initial and ongoing training and technical assistance to education team to ensure the uniform delivery of quality services
- Assisting in developing program goals and objectives
- Monitoring the implementation of a developmentally and linguistically appropriate approach to child development and education
- Teaches and models teaching in EHS/HS classrooms as a responsive approach to coaching strategies for children and staff
- Providing support and serve as a resource for improving the quality of instruction and child outcomes towards school readiness
- Coordinating and/or facilitating education team meetings and trainings
- Interpreting and applying written program policies, procedures, rules and regulations
Provide support for any other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field of service. Minimum of 6 college credits in ECE or CD and 9 college credits in educ, psych, health care, nursing or another field closely related to child growth and development required.
- Master’s degree and OK State Board of Education Certification, Preferred.
- Effective experience as a leader and working directly with at-risk families.
- In training and supervising staff members preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding Head Start Program Performance Standards and state and local child care licensing requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication to include intermediate knowledge of computer operations and applications and the ability to master other computer technology/software programs, as needed
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Previous knowledge and understanding of ChildPlus preferred
- Must work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exercise independent judgment
- Communicate in a professional manner, demonstrating dignity and respect for our internal, external and community members
- Process, protect and exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials
- Sustained concentration to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to prioritize workload
- Willingness to work with high-risk, low-income communities
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking preferredq
Additional Job Requirements:
- Clear background and drug screen
- TB screen required
- Physical required
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 20 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The employee will work in an office environment, may work in close quarters with other staff and small children. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud; frequent chaotic situations will occur, characteristic to working with children ages 0 – 5 years. Employee must expect exposure to strong odors such as soiled diapers and clothes, and poor hygiene. May come into contact with childhood diseases and blood on occasion.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Sunbeam Family Services is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.
To Apply for this Job:
Please visit https://sunbeamfamilyservices.org/careers/ to apply