Senior Volunteer Coordinator
The Senior Volunteer Coordinator is part of the Senior Engagement Program and oversees the management and day-to-day operations of the Senior Volunteer Engagement program.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our client's cultural and socioeco-nomic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services core values, and perform at Sunbeam's standards of excellence at all times.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our clients’ cultural and socio-economic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services core values and to perform at Sunbeam’s standards of excellence at all times.
- Promoting, encouraging and displaying examples of leadership for the agency in accordance with the agency mission driven, employee first culture.
- Demonstrate the capacity for providing developmentally appropriate practice, for exemplifying the values expected within the program, and for promoting the mission of the organization.
- Performs essential duties in a manner that demonstrates compliance with Sunbeam's Culturally Competent Practice Policy.
- Collaborates with the External Relations Department & the Senior Engagement Program Manager to develop a strategic plan for volunteer recruitment, recognition, and retention to provide community-based services to Seniors.
- Provides oversight of the day to day operations of the Senior Volunteer Engagement Program.
- Engages in public speaking and promotes the Senior Volunteer Engagement Program through various media outlets.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with the community stakeholders involved in Senior Service advocacy and service delivery.
- Provide the required information for reporting to the agency, the community, funders, or persons served.
- Identifies prospective volunteers and onboards them in accordance with volunteer duty descriptions and program requirements.
- Manages client referral list, completes client needs assessment, and facilitates volunteer/client match
- Facilitates monthly training opportunities and provides ongoing communication, support, and engagement opportunities to clients and volunteers.
- Manages client and volunteer files and database to ensure compliance with agency, regulatory, and funding requirements.
- Compliance with agency policy and procedures.
- Participate in Performance Quality Improvement department meetings and engage in the normal performance improvement process, such as reporting and analysis of outcomes, conducting satisfaction surveys, and making recommendations for program improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Engagement Manager. Functions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains relationship with Volunteer Stations, ensuring Senior Engagement Volunteer compliance with agency policy and funding requirements.
- Adheres to agency code of ethics and professional standards to ensure the quality of service.
- Responsible for activity reporting, including presentations, recruitment, program data, and other reporting requirements to ensure adequate program operation.
- Maintains community relationships, provide program interpretation and marketing so that positive channels of communication are maintained with various publics and clients in need to receive appropriate services.
- Provides planning and evaluation for program content, including service components so that the program remains responsive to community needs.
- Provide support for other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values.
- Bachelor's degree
- Bachelor's degree in social services preferred
- Experience with older adults preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer (beginner to intermediate level knowledge and skill of Microsoft Office: Out-look, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), telephone, copier, facsimile machine, and cell phone
- Ability to interact with persons of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds in a manner that demonstrates sensitivity toward cultural differences and respect for each individual.
- Ability to operate independently, exercise initiative, and problem solve and aid others as they learn to problem-solve.
- Ability to train and teach adults, specifically older adults.
- Demonstrate flexibility in job requirements.
- Respond to crises or emergencies.
- Local travel required and must have valid Oklahoma driver’s license and insurance as required by the position
Additional Job Requirements:
- Clear background check
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening, weekends and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 25 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The employee will work in an office environment, Moderate noise level, interaction with many people. In home visits may occur in areas where it is important to be aware of, as well as maintain, safety precautions.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Sunbeam Family Services is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.
To Apply for this Job:
Please visit https://sunbeamfamilyservices.org/careers/ to apply.