A Case Manager is responsible for implementing outreach efforts of Positive Tomorrows to parents, other homeless individuals, and the community as directed by the Purpose Statement, Mission Statement and Strategic Plan. A Case Manager assists with enrollment of new students, works alongside parents to set and achieve goals, and facilitates care of student families during their tenure at Positive Tomorrows. Provision of care includes being a liaison between the education staff and families, providing support to the entire household, creating spaces which promote empowerment, and accessing community resources to strengthen family stability, parental involvement, and self-sufficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s in social work or related field; may be substituted with combination of work and education
- 2 years experience in providing social services to children and families preferred
- Computer skills and ability to use technology in data collection
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Project Management software and Database software
To Apply for this Job:
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com