Education Services Supervisor
TRUE Dads (TD) is the first and only large-scale, community-based, and comprehensive continuum of services in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area that seeks to enhance the quality of life of low-income fathers, particularly men of color, by improving their knowledge, strengthening their skills, helping them to build cooperative and effective relationships with co-parents, and providing opportunities to achieve economic stability as a means of providing for their families and improving outcomes for their children. TD is named for the traits that embody great fathers and the characteristics that will be fostered by the program—Trustworthy, Responsible, United, Educated. As the Education and Employment Supervisor (EES), providing effective oversight of the TD Fatherhood/Employment Coaches (FEC) and TD Educators (TDE) are two of the many critical tasks that will lead to the overall success of the program.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, the EES manages a team of Fatherhood & Employment Coaches (FEC) and is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring the case load, benchmarks, case files and relationship management of their assigned FECs. The EES provides consultation and coaching to FECs who are managing the various needs of program participants such as: substance abuse, career development, mental health, etc. Position will require some evening and weekend hours.
The EES will also manage all facets of the Education Services preparation, delivery, and assessments. The supervisor is responsible for the scheduling of teaching staff, coordinating of workshop space, and ensuring all curriculum materials are available and current.
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Marriage and Family Studies, Business, or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience working in a team environment while managing quickly shifting priorities and tasks
- Experience working in social services or academic environment, preferred
- Prior experience with event planning and management/leadership skills, preferred
- Experience in career development, job counseling, or workforce development, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills, required
- Ability to work independently and excellent organizational skills, required
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations with tack and diplomacy
- Must be able to work extended hours, some evenings and weekends, as needed
Essential Physical Requirements
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility.
Position Reports to:
Director of True Dads
To Apply for this Job:
Please visit our website www.itsmycommunity.org to fill out the application