Member Education Specialist
Please note: this position is typically an in-office position. Due to the current pandemic, most days will be working remotely from home at this time. Additional in-office days will be added as health, safety, and government requirements allow. Ultimately, this position will return to 100% in-office.
Support the association’s affiliate relationships through communications, collaboration, facilitation, and training. In addition, update or create e-learning courses and textbooks as needed.
- Ensure all education-related content is up to date on the website.
- Manage course content and delivery via learning management system platforms.
- Develop documents, reports, and analytics for education programs and services.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and programs (planning, execution, and post-program).
- Manage and monitor registration of all education events.
- Coordinate logistics and attendance for ancillary events (i.e., committee meetings, dinners, etc.).
- Gather program survey results and create reports for instructors and committees.
- Contract with instructors for education events.
- Coordinate instructor payments.
- Manage communications to staff regarding anything education related.
- Update or create e-learning courses as necessary.
- Update or create textbooks as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Integrity and honesty, along with the ability to gain the trust and respect of the CEO, the Board of Directors, and all associates in this visible position. Quality, accuracy, timeliness, and thoroughness of work performed, adherence to contract agreements; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with others; provision of and responsiveness to the information needs of managers and co-workers; and soundness of business decisions made. Must be a creative thinker who likes challenges and is willing to help grow the association.
Experience using Articulate or other course development software platforms and understanding of learning management systems is required. Must be able to efficiently and effectively use technology; exercise good business judgment in making decisions with the long-term best interest of the business in mind; deal effectively and cordially with a wide variety of people and situations, both pleasant and unpleasant; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; deal effectively with time pressures, stress and rapid change. Must be professional in appearance and demeanor. Knowledge of and/or experience in the legal field is a plus.
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
Typical workweek is 37.5 hours/week. Salary range will be identified in first phone interview.
To Apply for this Job:
Please email cover letter and resume to HR@NALA.org. Although the position will stay open until filled, the first round of resumes will be reviewed starting August 10, 2020.
Monday, August 10, 2020