Accounts Payable & Receivable Specialist
We are a nonprofit managed services organization serving the diverse IT needs of Oklahoma nonprofits and schools. We presently support 125 organizations representing 165 office locations across the state and 3,900 end user devices. We have worked with more than 475 organizations across our six programs. We are adding to our team serving the Tulsa metro area and eastern Oklahoma to sustain our growth.
This position requires the ability to handle accounting duties including billing, invoicing and accounts receivable for 501 Tech. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily processing of invoices for the organization or its affiliates, including: preparation and coding of invoices; entry of invoices into the accounting system; preparation and entry of expense report reimbursements; communications to resolve issues; vendor correspondence and reconciliations. Responsibilities may also include certain cash receipts processes, such as depositing, coding and receipting.
- Use computer software to accept and enter donations, invoices, check requests and wire transfer requests.
- Check and process all invoices for payment, including obtaining approvals and supporting documentation, coding to the appropriate entity and general ledger account, in a timely manner
- Use QuickBooks and other software to process cash receipts
- Lead the client invoicing process from creation in Quickbooks to distribution, contact updates and collections where necessary
- Process staff member accounting tasks such as credit card reconciliation, mileage reimbursement, cell phone accounts and volunteer hours records
- Provide customer service by responding to client, donor and internal program staff inquiries
- Utilize company compliance practices to ensure all activities are in line with internal control policies.
- Use Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and other software to generate reports and maintain spreadsheets relating to coding, allocations and accruals
- Assist with monthly and year end closing processes, including Form 1099-MISC filings
- Assist with general administrative tasks when needed such as staff event planning, mailings, meeting set up
- Be consistently and reliably present to coordinate with vendors, donors and program staff as well as attend staff meetings and trainings
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and discretion in financial and community matters
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of recent accounts payable/receivable and/or bookkeeping experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (must be able to use basic formulas)
- Experience with QuickBooks
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform analysis of spreadsheets relating to accounts payable entry and general accounting
- Ability to communicate effectively with broad range of audiences including but not limited to: claims, internal staff, donors and all levels of management
- Comfortable working with diverse population
- Strong desire to work with clients, staff, vendors, donors and others to provide responsive, respectful customer service
- Able to multitask while maintaining efficiency
- Able to maintain detail oriented tasks with shifting priorities while in a fast paced team environment
- Desire to create objectives, establish priorities and proceed with goals under limited supervision
- Strong desire to learn and continually improve skills and techniques within the role
The ability to sit in front of a computer monitor for multiple hours at a time
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related discipline
- Familiarity with not-for-profit organizations
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. We are an e-verify employer.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on this website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, we offer the following alternate application procedure: Contact Human Resources at 918-947-6215, and we will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.
To Apply for this Job:
Or visit the TCF website at www.tulsacf.org