The Osage Forest of Peace Retreat Center (forestofpeace.org) is a non-profit spiritual center. Employees working at the Forest must be comfortable in a quiet and spiritual setting. Responsibilities include preparation of lunch and supper meals and beverages for groups ranging in size from four to 50. The Forest Cook plans all meals, prepares shopping lists, maintains food costs within budgets, and prepares meals. The Forest Cook also helps with clean-up.
Part-time, average of 33 hours per week. Hours are generally from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday (Sunday and Monday off). Hours are subject to change contingent on scheduled activities.
The Forest Cook prepares a lunch meal to be served at 12:30 p.m. and a supper meal (warmed and served by Forest residents) to be served in the evening.
- Minimum of 1 year cooking experience
- Maintain high standard of cleanliness, safety and sanitation in the kitchen
- Use proper and effective knife skills
- Reliable, punctual, honest and polite
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and read and follow recipes
- Ability to plan meals, prepare shopping lists, and track budgets. Familiarity with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free recipes required.
- Ability to respond to special meal needs for individuals and groups, providing a variety of food options.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Stand for entire shift; lift, push, pull up to 25-50 pounds
- Frequently walk, reach, climb, bend, kneel and squat to floor level
- Must maintain a current food handler’s card.
To Apply for this Job:
Email your interest and resume to email@example.com
Friday, July 31, 2020