Vice President of Resource Development
Provide executive leadership in all aspects of the Center’s fundraising, business membership and other contributed income sources to meet all budgeted goals and objectives in strategic and operational plans.
- Develop, execute, oversee and maintain a comprehensive plan and to address resource development (fundraising income, annual fund, special events, business memberships, planned giving and other sources of contributed income) on an annual basis.
- Develop all financial budgets for annual fund, events, sponsorships, business memberships and other gifts including revenue and expenses. Monitor and meet budget goals.
- In cooperation with the President and CEO and the board of directors, ensure the Center identifies, cultivates and nurtures key relationships donors, sponsors, underwriters, business members and other contributors.
- Research, develop and fulfill key sections of the overall organizational strategic plan, operational plans and other organizational objectives in cooperation with board of directors and other leadership.
MANAGEMENT AND OVERSIGHT
- Oversee the resource development processes and reporting to ensure proper retention, acquisition, stewardship and communications with donors, event sponsors, program underwriters and business members.
- Supervise staff of development professionals who will execute special events, grant requests and reports, annual fund mailings, business memberships and other contributed income sources to meet budgeted goals.
- Lead development efforts of staff, volunteers, board and committee members to identify and secure new sources of income annually to meet budgeted goals.
LEADERSHIP POSITIONING AND EXECUTIVE SUPPORT
- As a member of the Center’s Leadership Team, provide reports, counsel and strategic planning to support and position the President and CEO, board of directors and committees to engage in fundraising for the Center.
- Communicate with key donors and partners through various channels including consultation, training, facilitation, publications and community engagement.
- Prepare for and attend meetings with the President and CEO (or in his/her place) to develop and secure donations, communicate programs and positions of the Center to donors, and engage community members in greater understanding of philanthropy and the nonprofit sector.
ADMINISTRATION AND OTHER DUTIES
- In cooperation with executive leadership, board of directors and committees, manage, follow and update policies and procedures pertaining to the operational needs of the Center, including providing reports as necessary to President and CEO and various committees.
- Act as staff liaison for the Resource Development Committee and other committees as assigned.
- Maintain professionalism, organizational standards and confidentiality as a representative of the Center to all donors, members and other key stakeholders.
- Recruit and retain volunteers, donors, interns and other partners as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned by President and CEO.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the state and outside of Oklahoma as needed.
- Provide guidance and expertise to nonprofits through helplines, informal consultation, training and consulting projects, community events and other channels as needed.
- Engage in professional development activities such as training, conferences, research and coaching.
- Provide general administrative functions such as expense reporting, budget oversight, consultation with other team members, attendance at scheduled meetings and acting as a liaison to various committees and the board of directors.
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of work experience in fundraising and resource development with proven success in annual fund management, special events, major gifts, donor relations and planned giving, along with ability to manage a team of employees, volunteers and committees.
Education and Expertise:
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university. In lieu of a Master’s Degree, a Bachelor’s Degree and job experience will be accepted with approval of the President and CEO.
- Knowledge of technology (Microsoft Office Suite, Database Technology, Online Giving Platforms, Mobile Computing, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
Position Reports to:
President & CEO
To Apply for this Job:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment. The Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits will not tolerate bullying, discrimination, or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, gender identity, disability, or any other intrinsic characteristic protected by law.
Friday, July 10, 2020