Job Scope: The Employment Navigator develops, maintains and oversees a work readiness and vocational guidance service to assist participants assigned to the Oklahoma County Diversion HUB in finding, obtaining and maintaining employment. The Employment Navigator assists participants in creating attainable employment goals and plans, building resumes, completing job applications, scheduling interviews and providing follow-through services. The Employment Navigator also promotes the benefits to being felon-friendly, recruits businesses to be fair chance employers and establishes and maintains healthy relationships with current and potential employers in the community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates good leadership, strong self-motivation and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of nonprofit organizations and related policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Knowledgeable of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of crisis intervention techniques. Ability to react calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
- Possesses basic understanding of people impacted by the criminal justice system and how to empower individuals without enabling them.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and community-wide networking skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse participant population.
- Maintains a commitment to TEEM philosophy, vision, and core values.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain databases.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and effectively as a team member.
- Knowledge of current employment trends and barriers to employment.
- Ability to travel within the city and surrounding communities.
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field.
Work Experience: 2 or 3 years’ experience in related field or business or employment placement services.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are representative of those expected of an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with physical limitations or disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops individualized Employment Plans for participants to identify and meet employment goals.
- Maintains job placement electronic database of participants’ outcomes and demographics.
- Provides regular updates to the Executive Director, Diversion Hub Staff and community partners.
- Works with the Development Department staff to create job placement information, collateral information and marketing materials.
- Coordinates the job search process to assist participants in identifying proper work attire, job leads, completing job applications, creating resumes, and searching employment opportunities.
- Collaborates in providing direct services with other Diversion Hub partners to ensure maximum success for participants participating in the Diversion Hub.
- Networks with local employers, labor unions and community service agencies to access job training, apprenticeships and employment opportunities.
- Consults with Diversion Hub Case Managers to identify participants in need of employment and related services training and provides direct assistance or appropriate referrals to achieve desired outcomes.
- Assists participants in building professional resumes and developing strong interviewing skills.
- Collects, organizes and analyzes information about participants to evaluate their interest, aptitudes, abilities and personality characteristics for employment placement.
- Connects participants to appropriate job openings.
- Keeps applicable records of applicants not selected for employment and develops a plan of action to assist the participant in overcoming any specific barriers to employment.
- Participates in staff meetings, speaking engagements, and special events to promote the Oklahoma County Diversion Hub’s philosophy, vision and method of operation.
- Maintains contact with participants after employment and assists with opportunities for professional promotion and advancement.
- Provides instruction on the importance of effective communication, conflict resolution, and a healthy work environment.
- Monitors job search in the computer lab.
- Assists with keyboarding skills and basic computer navigation, including but not limited to mouse navigation, internet navigation, set up and use of an email account.
- Develops and maintains list of current and potential employers.
- Posts job listings daily and helps match participants with potential job leads.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
Email resume to Kris Steele at email@example.com.