Foster Care Coordinator
Our Foster care program is in need of a Foster Care Coordinator. Our foster care program works to give homeless, neglected, and abused children improved opportunities for stability. This team works hard to build a seamless connection between the children in need of placement and the Foster Parent who will provide a loving, supportive, and safe home environment.
The Foster Care Coordinator’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead a team of Foster Care workers to excellence in service delivery and compliance with licensing standards
- Coordinate and deliver training to foster parents
- Annually develop a robust family recruitment plan focused on the net gain of quality families. This plan will be creatively tailored to bet meet current needs from year to year and will include attendance of fairs, speaking engagements, public events, community meetings as needed on behalf of YFS, and other media/informational mediums.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory/accrediting agencies
- Assess appropriateness of potential foster families
- Process client referrals
- Assess appropriateness of child(ren) and identify suitable foster families
- Develop, grow, and maintain relationships within community
- Act as liaison to foster families with DHS to promote communication
- Encourage and promote best practice standards at all times
- Supply information of other supportive services and prevention programs to caregivers
- Assist in the development of positive relationships between Support Workers and foster parents
- Provide support and training to Foster Care workers and foster families to enhance retention
- Home study development on potential foster families
- Oversee case management and monthly in-home visits
- Provide crisis management services when needed
- Lead and/or coordinate Foster Care Program product drives and events
- Develop processes within the program to ensure efficient and streamlined workload for staff
- Effectively manage time and coaches team members through positive reinforcement and oversite to do the same.
- Activate projects with excitement while exciting team members around them
- Bring people together in positivity toward common and aggressive mission minded goals.
- Coach up other team members, giving helpful and timely correction and direction when needed.
- Make wise and timely decisions for the betterment of the YFS mission, including but not limited to: strategic planning, overall team member management, effective and efficient project management, and the arranging of the teams workload.
- Develop strategies to grow the program to ensure licensing standards and goals are met and exceeded each year
- Work cooperatively with the YFS development team to grow social media and community outreach for the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree or extensive experience a in related field is preferred
- Experience working with children and families
- Excellent writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent problems solving skills
- Leadership and managerial skills
- The ability rally a team, bring people together around a common goal to meet the needs of others
- Microsoft Office skills
- Confidence to make calls to public
- Good organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Position Reports to:
Community Programs Director
Hours and Salary:
To be determined
To Apply for this Job:
Please call Misty Huber at 405-295-6615 or email a resume to email@example.com.
Monday, June 1, 2020