Quality Assurance and Process Improvement Specialist
The Quality Assurance and Process Improvement Specialist is responsible for working across all departments to facilitate the development and implementation of a Lean culture and associated processes, as well as an environment where food is kept and handled properly. Areas of responsibility include process improvement training, event scheduling, data analysis and quality assurance in food handling/storage areas.
Essential Functions – Quality Assurance
- Assist with and serve as approver for all HACCP plan development for the Production Kitchen, Volunteer Center and Protein Packaging Center.
- Lead the review and enhancement of the existing food safety program.
- Lead the response to USDA, FDA, Health Department and other similar agency non-compliance notifications.
- Lead internal food safety compliance audits.
- Lead the internal Food Safety Team monthly meetings.
- Support project management on equipment purchasing through research, review and specification development.
Essential Functions – Process Improvement:
- Establish and coordinate EPIC Oversight and Communications Committees.
- Develop training curricula and utilize a curriculum focus group for feedback.
- Schedule and manage certification training sessions.
- Communicate with key stakeholders regarding EPIC events and training.
- Work with EPIC Oversight Committee to prioritize and schedule Workout and Kaizen events.
- Identify employee training opportunities through workshops, EEG tours, internal presentations or media.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate Kaizen events, utilizing process improvement tools and methodologies for pre-event, event and post-event planning.
- Manage and maintain EPIC shared files to provide access to all necessary documents/standards.
- Analyze data from major value streams to identify opportunities for improvement.
Education and Work Experience:
- Undergraduate college degree required.
- Green Belt Lean/Six Sigma certification and a minimum of six months of Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred
- Ability to identify, develop and deliver curriculum required
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office applications as well as project management tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- integrity, enthusiasm, perspective, flexibility, and a strong work ethic.
- a desire to be a part of an innovative, entrepreneurial organization with the ability to prioritize, move quickly, and maintain strong follow-through in a dynamic environment.
- a deep appreciation for, and an ability to articulate, the mission of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- the intellectual depth, maturity, wisdom, and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence RFBO staff and community partners.
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- a strong commitment to teamwork and employee growth.
- the ability to facilitate large and small groups.
- An ability to mine, organize and analyze data in an effort to identify opportunities for improvement.
- The company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects may be required.
- Most work involves sitting, walking or standing.
- Work generally performed in an office or conference space
- Some work performed in production environments in event preparation
*Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your supervisor, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
To Apply for this Job:
Please visit our career website at https://www.regionalfoodbank.org/careers
Saturday, April 25, 2020