Venue Sales & Events Coordinator
The Venue Sales and Events Coordinator reports directly to the Executive
Director/CEO and is responsible for the planning, managing and execution of annual special
events. This position is responsible for all aspects of event solicitation, execution and outcome.
Working across departments, the Venue Sales & Events Coordinator is an integral part of the
TASM team by helping to realize impactful events that serve to strengthen our relationships with
donors, sponsors and volunteers and reflect the TASM mission. This position is responsible for
all aspects of museum venue rental sales initiative and reaching and exceeding budget objectives.
This position is responsible of planning and execution of museum, corporate and private events
including weddings. Must be customer-focused and extremely detailed-oriented.
Bachelor Degree Required
Minimum 5 years experience Required
Prior Museum and/or Non-profit organization experience preferred.
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills.
- EXCEPTIONAL time management.
- Creative, innovative and embraces risk taking.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Fundraising experience; able to identify, cultivate and solicit partnership contributions in support of museum events
- Proficient with Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of forecasting and budgeting, including ability to work with a budget and within a budget.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- STRONG organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Event/large-scale install coordination skills.
- Calendar management and planning.
- Experienced at using social media and web platforms.
- Experience working with volunteer groups and committees.
- Ability to work well with a team in executing events.
- Ability to be proactive and a self-starter.
- Capacity to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional phone presence and email communications required.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Maintain open lines of communication with clients and service providers, answer any questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- Set up meetings with potential clients, give them an informative site tour of the venue(s) while creating a vision for their event based on their needs.
- Coordinate all stakeholders of the event including clients, caterers, photographers, entertainment companies and other vendors.
- Design and edit floor plans, timelines, scripts and staffing plans that create efficiency and flow to the event.
- Ensure the safety of the museum at all times by monitoring galleries during events ensuring that food, beverages and catering items are managed in a way that protect the museum collection.
- Ensure that all necessary equipment including, but not limited to, tables, chairs, audio and visual equipment, linens, beverages and other supplies are in working order and set up for the event.
- Coordinate event logistics assigning tasks, manage staff, and monitor all timelines prior, during and after events, ensuring the museum’s commitment to customer service.
- Tear down or cleanup of any or all galleries to ensure the museum is presentable to the public after each event.
- Have a full understanding of the vision and goal of each event.
- Meet and coordinate the details of each event with the corresponding departments within the museum.
- Schedule staff and assign specific and strategic tasks for each event staff member for events.
- Be the point of contact to assist all vendors, clients and guests.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- The responsibilities of this position will continue to grow as the need arises. The employee must accept any new tasks and duties as assigned in an effort to support the museum and its mission.
- The employee is expected to support all aspects of museum activities and programs and will regularly assist others with their responsibilities in an effort to serve guests and assure the mission of the museum.
- The employee is expected to maintain a satisfactory level of professionalism while performing their duties.
- The employee is expected to take appropriate initiatives necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of their position.
- The employee is expected to be adaptable to different assignments, responsibilities and ideas.
- The employee is expected to work effectively as a team members in an effort to fulfill the museum mission.
- The employee is expected to lead effectively and professionally the events team.
- Maintain integrity of client/event database
- Generate client estimates and work orders
- Manage accounts receivable and contract deadlines
- Assist with tracking deposits and final payments required from client
- Create comprehensive event outline and timeline
- Create & maintain CAD drawings and internal/external distribution list
- Provide clients with necessary pre and post-event correspondence.
- Contact all vendors, detail vendor information and manage load-in scheduling and coordination
- Staffing and scheduling of event staff, to include event operations crew, contract labor and cleaning team.
- Facilitate pre and post-event production meeting to execute successful and well detailed events.
- Prioritize and maintain event calendar.
- Build client relationships to ensure repeat business, and professionally coordinated events.
- Ability to analyze client needs, staying on budget or up-selling amenities and décor.
- Work closely with the accounting office to provide proposals and estimates.
- Cold calling to develop new relationships.
- Research possible expansion of event possibilities.
- Direct and coordinate all day of event staff and vendors including but not limited to: event operations staff, maintenance staff, and outside vendors (entertainment, décor, audio visual, security, floral, etc.)
- Confirm day of staffing.
- Work with museum Curator to plan and execute moving exhibits, artifacts, and/or aircraft.
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the day of activities, including:
o Personnel, catering staff and vendors
o Deliveries, load-in and set up
o Managing event needs and specifications as needed
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and nights and all scheduled corporate, private and museum events.
- Ability to spend long/extended periods of time of feet.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move at least 50 pounds.
- Quick reactor and ability to direct attendees as mapped out in emergency plan.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- While performing the task(s), duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to talk, hear, sit, stand and walk up to several miles.
- This position will involve the ability to use hands, reach with hands and arms, stand, kneel and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close and distance vision, color, depth perception and ability to focus.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essentials function of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this position.
- The noise/smell level in the work environment is usually low to moderate depending on event or exhibit changes.
- Ability to perform duties inside and outside museum regardless of weather.
- Dress is business casual to business professional, appropriate to the event.
- Must be comfortable working in an open concept office environment and manage time effectively.
The employee is required to perform the work related to this position at the highest level of professionalism and consider all information directly related to the museum as confidential.
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
Hours as Required/Salary commensurate on experience.
To Apply for this Job:
To apply, candidates should submit:
1. a letter of interest
2. college/university transcripts showing degree award
3. references with at least 5 references
by March 1, 2020 to: ExecutiveDirector@TulsaMuseum.org
No phone calls or visits will be accepted.
For further information on the Tulsa Air and Space Museum, please visit: TulsaMuseum.Org
The Tulsa Air and Space Museum, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible and invisible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers in employment policies. Should you require accommodations during the interview process, please let set us know and we will work to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interests; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Sunday, March 1, 2020