Dinner and Auction Coordinator
Metro Christian Academy seeks a Dinner and Auction Coordinator to plan, coordinate, and execute the annual Metro Dinner and Auction fundraiser. This years event, Boots, Bling, and BBQ, is scheduled for April 17, 2020 at Camp Loughridge.
This is a temporary position ending on May 15, 2020.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for achieving fundraising goal.
- Recruits and instructs volunteer teams to help serve in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, auction item procurement team, class basket team, online auction team, silent auction team, and set up and tear down team.
- Oversees and coordinates the class basket project.
- Identifies, solicits and acquires event sponsors.
- Identifies, solicits, and acquires donated items for the live auction, silent auction, online auction, and buy-in parties; acknowledges all gifts and in kind donations with a thank you letter to the donor in a timely manner.
- Manages event budget; ensures auction operates within approved budget.
- Responsible for all records associated with the event, including, but not limited to, acquisition items, vendor data, donor records, sponsorships, cash/contribution gifts, purchaser records, and total revenue and expenses.
- Maintains donor database ensuring donor records are accurately entered and reported.
- Works with the finance department on the day of the event to coordinate purchaser check out, reconcile financial reports, and report any in kind donations.
- Works with the Marketing Department to develop promotional material, schedule promotion of event, and execute the promotion; facilitates the preparation of corporate sponsorship signage.
- Works with the supervisor to create and update guest list; selects, addresses and mails invitations; receives and tracks RSVP responses; provides periodic updates of estimated attendance.
- Works with IT Department on technology needs on the day of the event and to offer an online ticket purchase option.
- Maintains ongoing communications with the Advancement supervisor.
- Maintains ongoing communications with volunteers, venue, caterer, entertainment, and auctioneer during the event planning process up to the day of the event to ensure everything is in order.
- Oversees all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes.
- Conducts final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything is in place; makes corrections as necessary.
- Oversees event happenings and acts quickly to resolve problems.
- Finalizes the transfer of items to the purchasers.
- Books venue, works with the event site and ensures that terms of the contract are fulfilled.
- Hires caterer, coordinates menu to include dinner, drinks, and dessert.
- Coordinates event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers; plans a “showcase” of Metro to be presented throughout the evening’s event to display for donors who and what they are supporting when they support Metro.
- Works with Fund You Org to strategize for auction items, games, and the evening’s program.
- Creates and reconciles purchase orders; submits to the finance department for payment.
- Performs other related work as required
Bachelor's degree and one to two years' experience in fundraising and/or event planning or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of donor records management and administration.
- Knowledge of AP writing style.
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and evaluate fund raising events.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports in an accurate and complete manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, donors, parents, volunteers, alumni, Board members, corporations, and community philanthropists.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and display good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate budget.
- Ability to keep project at or under budget.
- Must enjoy working with the public.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to mail merge documents.
- Ability to produce under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience and familiar with using social media platforms.
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Ability to hear and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to move hands in a repetitive motion including grasping, holding and finger dexterity.
- Ability to display eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to visually inspect and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately measure or assemble at distance close to the eye.
- Ability to prepare and analyze figures.
- Ability to carry, push, pull equipment and supplies necessary to complete the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to travel to various event locations throughout the Metro.
- Able to lift objects (up to 30 pounds).
- Able to perform tasks that require repetitive motions such as bending, lifting, climbing, kneeling, walking, reaching above shoulders and sitting.
- Ability to remain calm and organized when facing numerous deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to communicate positively and with self-confidence, especially on the phone.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while managing simultaneous projects.
- Ability to be flexible and have the assertiveness to have innovative ideas.
Work is performed mostly indoors where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like. There may be physical discomforts associated with standing or walking for long periods with limited amount of sitting.
Moderate amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting, carrying objects (less than 30 lbs.), and performing the essential functions required for the position.
All employees recognize that Metro Christian Academy is a religious institution and agree to uphold the school’s Statement of Faith and will do nothing to undermine its religious mission.
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to the Advancement Coordinator, Andrea Hogue, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, February 28, 2020