JOB OBJECTIVE: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties and supporting the work of the Disaster Services Department.
Part Time Position 20 hours per week. Hours will vary Monday-Friday. May include evenings and weekends based on presentation schedule.
The essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with office procedures, staff communication and staff support.
- Screen telephone calls and assist the caller with their questions.
- Screening and intake to identify client needs and eligibility for services/programs.
- Provides referrals and /or direct client assistance as appropriate.
- Data entry and reporting for Disaster Case Management.
- Community outreach and preparedness presentations.
- Provide training under existing grants as assigned.
- Type necessary correspondence as needed.
- Collect and record monthly statistics.
- Assist volunteers.
- Coordinate check requests.
- Outreach to potential clients for education and resources available based on client circumstance.
- Assume other responsibilities when appropriate and as indicated by director.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Educational Requirements/Credentials – High School diploma or equivalent
- Skills – Office management, communication and computer skills.
- Two years’ experience working in an office environment.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Strong flexible interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with employees and managers at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills required to ensure that multiple tasks receive adequate and timely attention.
- Flexible to respond to short notice requests for training and/or field work.
- Knowledge of local community resources as they relate to disasters.
- Basic knowledge of insurance such as homeowner, renter, flood, etc.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Able to function autonomously and be proactive.
- PC literate and proficient.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Case Management experience helpful.
- Public speaking experience helpful.
- Ability to work in multiple databases.
This is sedentary work that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper supplies).
- May be required to travel by car or plane to business events or other company locations. Travel may require prolonged sitting or standing.
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment.
- May be subjected to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Position Reports to:
Director of Disaster Services
To Apply for this Job:
All candidates please provide cover letter with resume to email@example.com.
Friday, March 13, 2020