Director of Finance and Administration
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results.
- Manages functions of Accounts Receivable and Donor Services.
- Prepares and posts journal entries for select areas of general ledger accounting.
- Calculates, records, and maintains accurate capital lease records.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasting.
- Coordinates billing of government contracts.
- Participates in the month-end close process to include financial reporting and ad hoc reporting to senior management.
- Reconciles key balance sheet accounts.
- Provides work papers and research for annual external audit.
- Ensures completion of all annual registrations (ex. State of Oklahoma, SAM, OTC, etc).
- Prepares annual SEFA report and works directly with external auditors during A-133 audit.
- Communicates and responds to internal and external requests for accounting information.
- Manages professional and liability insurance policies with assistance of outside broker.
- Coordinates insurance claims.
- Develops RFPs for key service contracts.
The Director of Finance and Administration will perform other duties as assigned.
- Vitality – the force that drives us forward with energy and enthusiasm
- Innovation – the spirit that drives us to pursue and initiate creative solutions
- Stewardship – the commitment that drives us to care for the mission and resources
The ideal candidate will display these values through:
- Integrity, enthusiasm, perspective, flexibility, and a strong work ethic.
- A desire to be a part of an innovative, entrepreneurial organization with the ability to prioritize, move quickly, and maintain strong follow-through in a dynamic environment.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills; ability to understand and translate information for intended audiences with clarity, crispness, and elegance.
- A deep appreciation for, and an ability to articulate, the mission of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- The intellectual depth, maturity, wisdom, and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence of donors, volunteer leaders, staff, and other constituents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels, and a strong commitment to teamwork.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Three to five years of related experience in an accounting position which includes payables, receivables, general ledger entry, financial statement preparation, and project tracking (grants/contracts)
- CPA certification
- Non-profit experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and internal controls.
- Ability to identify and understand technical accounting issues, conduct research and reach/document well-reasoned conclusions.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, self-motivate, and function independently driven toward superior performance.
- Ability to solve complex problems through innovation and creativity.
- Strong skills collaboration and cooperation with other functions to include leading cross-functional teams in continuous process improvement projects.
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with ERP systems (particularly inventory and accounting), MS Word, Outlook, MS Excel
Physical Demands: (Refer to Work Environment and Physical Demands Matrix)
- The company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Utilize multi-limb coordination and flexibility combined with control precision to perform fine motor skills including: finger manipulation, grasping, feeling, arm-hand steadiness, in order to push, pull or lift objects
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Utilizes multi-limb coordination to balance on even surfaces, stoop, kneel, stand, and walk, reach over shoulders or below the knees.
- Must employ the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety policies.
Work Environment: (Refer to Work Environment and Physical Demands Matrix)
- Environmentally controlled with no exposure to extreme changes in the weather, and limited exposure to humidity/moisture relative to atmospheric condition variations.
- No exposure to dust, chemicals, gases, fumes, smoke, excessive noise, and/or vibrations
- Work generally performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required for assignments, meetings, and training.
- Overtime, Weekend and/or Holiday hours may be required.
Position Reports to:
Chief Financial Officer
To Apply for this Job:
Please apply at our career website https://www.regionalfoodbank.org/careers
Saturday, January 25, 2020