Corporate Development Director
Add a little "HEART" to your career! We have an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Development Director-Heart Walk in our Oklahoma City office. The selected candidate will have fundraising responsibilities for the Oklahoma City Heart Walk by bringing together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers of the community to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke, the #1 and #4 killer in America. The net fundraising goal for this position is $325k. If you have a strong fundraising or sales background where you traveled in an assigned territory OR have an event coordination background coupled with sales or fundraising, we want to hear from you!
So you say you would like some more details? Here are a few:
- Developing pipelines of top businesses within the assigned geographic area to ensure revenue generation through corporate sponsorship for the Heart Walk.
- Conducting sales calls to generate new business and manage existing corporate sponsors.
- Developing and monitoring an annual working plan with dollar and volunteer recruitment goals, budget and timelines for the events.
- Developing contingency plans as need to successfully meet fundraising goals.
- Leading cultivation opportunities to strengthen relationships with volunteers, sponsors & community leaders to advance our mission.
- Networking within the local area and recruiting and retaining our valued volunteers.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years of experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- 2+ years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirements.
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management, proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Organization, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Candidates must be results driven with the ability to multi task.
- Be willing and able to travel (no overnight) approximately 75% of the time.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Must be at least 18 years old.