ECS STEAM Specialist
The STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) Specialist is responsible for planning and coordinating the implementation of STEAM curricula, activities, and events under the ECS Education program. The STEAM Specialist ensures that all requirements of grant funding streams are met in the development and implementation of STEAM related activities that meet best practice expectations in the field. Working directly with Instructional Coaches, School Directors and classroom teaching staff, the STEAM Specialist will strive for the highest positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our client’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, reflect sunbeam family services core values and to perform as sunbeam’s standards of excellence at all times.
Our core values are:
- Champion Spirit – We work like a champion every day: paying attention to details and performing with excellence
- Servant Heart – We exhibit humility in serving everyone; no job is below anyone and we all pull together to get the work done.
- Sunny Attitude –We bring a smile and a positive attitude. We treat each other with respect, ensuring an energized work environment.
- The ECS STEAM Specialist must be able to navigate through, and discern information and resources and provide ongoing assessment of the quality of services by:
- Promoting, encouraging and displaying examples of leadership for the agency in accordance with the agency mission driven, employee first culture.
- Demonstrating capacity for providing developmentally appropriate and evidence-based practice, for exemplifying the values expected within the program, and for promoting the mission of the organization.
- Providing STEAM curricula, activities and events to classroom teaching teams in: (1) design, delivery, and coordination of intensive professional development; (2) education program development; (3) facilitation of interdisciplinary collaboration; and (4) administrative support
- Providing initial and ongoing training and technical assistance to education team to ensure the uniform delivery of quality STEAM services
- Assisting in developing program goals and objectives related to STEAM and grant funding streams.
- Using child outcome data for continuous quality improvement.
- Assisting with monitoring the implementation of a developmentally and linguistically appropriate approach to STEAM.
- Providing program-wide support and serve as the STEAM resource for the ECS program at large.
- Participating in education team meetings and trainings
- Creating and applying written program policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to STEAM.
- Provide support for any other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. Minimum of 6 college credits in ECE or CD and 9 college credits in educ, science, technology, engineering, art, math or another field closely related to child growth and development required.
Master’s degree and OK State Board of Education Certification preferred
- Effective experience as a leader and working directly with at-risk families.
- Experience in training and supervising staff members preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding Head Start Program Performance Standards and state and local child care licensing requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication to include intermediate knowledge of computer operations and applications and the ability to master other computer technology/software programs, as needed
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Previous knowledge and understanding of Child Plus preferred
- Must work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exercise independent judgment
- Communicate in a professional manner, demonstrating dignity and respect for our internal, external and community members
- Process, protect and exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials
- Sustained concentration to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to prioritize workload
- Willingness to work with high-risk, low-income communities
- Local travel required and must have valid Oklahoma driver’s license and insurance as required by the position
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking preferred
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must pass required background check, TB and Physical
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 20 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The employee will work in an office environment, may work in close quarters with other staff and small children. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud; frequent chaotic situations will occur, characteristic to working with children ages 0 – 5 years. Employee must expect exposure to strong odors such as soiled diapers and clothes, and poor hygiene. May come into contact with childhood diseases and blood on occasion.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time.
To Apply for this Job:
Please visit https://sunbeamfamilyservices.org/careers/ to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are proud to be an EEO/AA/MF/Vets/Disabled.