Visitor Studies Intern
The Visitor Studies Intern, executes research, evaluation, and visitor studies to support and inform future projects for Discovery Lab.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primary functions:
- Working with Director of Exhibits and university research partner(s) to assist with on-going research projects.
- Collecting data for exhibit and program evaluation.
- Unobtrusively observing visitor use of exhibits and programs on a daily basis.
- Coding data collected for university partners to utilize for analysis.
- Entering visitor interview and observation data into a database.
- Secondary functions:
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Exhibits
- Learning Components:
- Customer service skills
- Family engagement skills
- Data analysis, entry, and presentation skills
- Cross-functional collaboration skills
- Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Education & work experience:
- Intern must be enrolled at least part-time in an undergraduate program with studies supporting a career in Museum Studies, Education, Anthropology, Social Science or a related field.
- Knowledge of museum/visitor studies
- Basic understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in a language in addition to English to support Discovery Lab’s accessibility mission and objectives
Position Reports to:
Director of Exhibits
To Apply for this Job:
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org