Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Job Scope: Under the direction of the Office Administrator, the Receptionist/Intake Specialist performs administrative and clerical duties as assigned and serves in the role of receptionist.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open, scan, read and distribute incoming mail
- Answer telephone inquiries of offenders and other interested parties. Refers calls to appropriate staff.
- Conduct initial contact with new offenders assigned to TEEM programs. Assists offenders with completing initial paperwork and scheduling participants for orientation and assessments.
- Serve and performs as office receptionist to TEEM programs. Assists and routes inquiries to appropriate staff members. Serve as receptionist to participants, notifies Case Manager when offender arrives.
- Provide typing, filing, production of reports and other correspondence. Completes computer based assignments. Maintains supply of TEEM program forms for staff and offenders. Acts and performs as assistant to administrative staff as assigned by the Director of Community Sentencing Program.
- Receives and records money orders for TEEM and DOC and prepares the deposit.
- Schedule and oversees maintenance and/or service calls on TEEM Program copiers, fax machines and computers.
- Deliver completed reports to the court and other entities as required.
- Direct participants and visitors to appropriate locations.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, assists with other meetings as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance at work and is consistently on-time.
- Work with other case managers and staff in a positive, productive and professional manner, and communicates within proper lines of organization chart.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for collecting documents from Oklahoma County Courthouse on a regular basis.
- Assist in transcribing minutes for board and council meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone or in person.
- Ability to organize, compile, and record information accurately.
- Ability to apply rules of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Possess knowledge of and skill in performing general administrative tasks.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to retain and recall information.
- Ability to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn specialized screens or software packages. (Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Windows & Outlook Mail)
- Ability to multi-task.
- Possesses a history of positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to track, document, and maintain up-to-date and accurate records.
- Ability to perform effectively in a changing environment and versatile in dealing with a wide range of participants and circumstances.
- Demonstrates commitment to the TEEM philosophy, concept, and program.
- Ability to adhere to TEEM’s policies and procedures.
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent; minimum of 2 years personal computer experience.
Work Experience: Two years administrative/clerical experience.
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
Please email resume and cover letter to Stephenie Ringwald at email@example.com
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with physical limitations or disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk or move; use hands and fingers to handle or operate objects, tools, or controls reach with hands and arms; and must have exceptional finger dexterity. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.