The Finance Director’s core responsibilities encompass managing Allied Art’s financial and accounting functions, planning and budgeting, human resources, information technology, and office administration.
The Finance Director is a member of the leadership team, providing financial expertise to peers and directly assists the President on all matters relating to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, and forecasting The Finance Director is responsible for managing financial risks, financial planning, record-keeping, and all financial reporting to the President, Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Expertise in complex financial analysis including multi-party transactions, reporting, risk analysis, cost-benefit assessment.
- Strong background in effective budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, and modeling.
- Experience managing an annual operating budget of a minimum of $3 million.
- Career path reflecting increased responsibilities over time.
- Experience in net asset accounting and fund accounting.
- Demonstrable experience in improving organizational efficiencies and outcomes.
- Knowledge of non-profit audit and control standards.
- Investment management experience including policies, transactional, and reporting elements.
- Excellent communication skills including experience in clear communications to internal constituents (Board and staff) and external recipients.
- Strong writing skills and ability to take concise minutes.
- Entrepreneurial thinker seeking to solve problems, leverage opportunities.
- Knowledge of information technology including cloud-based systems.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience managing a lean accounting function.
- Expertise in human resource management, labor law, policies, and regulations.
- Maintain best practices pertaining to all aspects of accounting including effective use of QuickBooks and Donor Perfect conforming at all times to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and standards for net asset accounting.
- Prepare and present periodic internal financial statements including those required for management, Executive Committee, and the full Board of directors.
- Prepare all required external financial reports including those associated with operations, the endowment, tax compliance, benefit plan compliance.
- Direct the annual budgeting process and subsequent management of forecasts and variances.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison for the preparation and completion of the annual independent financial audit, benefit and pension plan reviews and audits, and other external reviews.
- Prepare and distribute regular reporting related to annual campaign activity.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
Position Reports to:
President & CEO
To Apply for this Job:
Please visit www.alliedartsokc.com/careers
No phone calls, please!
Friday, October 25, 2019