Family Promise of Tulsa County (FPTC) provides opportunities for families in our diverse community to achieve self-sufficiency by offering community-based programs designed to break the cycle of homelessness. We are seeking an energetic, creative, compassionate and flexible individual to join our team and provide case management services to our guest families as they work to obtain stable employment, housing, and childcare, as well as work towards their goal of stability.
The case manager links guest families with essential community resources by assisting guests in goal setting, problem-solving, housing searches, and completes related data collection and reporting. The case manager provides support to congregation coordinators and others providing services to our guests. Duties described below are an outline of primary duties, qualifications, and job scope. Other duties may be assigned.
- Associates degree in social work or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Computer literate, fluent in MS Office.
- Must have the ability to learn and use Salesforce for record- keeping and reporting purposes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a concern for the families we serve
- Intake/Case Management
- Interview prospective emergency shelter guests on the telephone and in-person
- Implement policies regarding guest acceptance into the emergency shelter program
- Orient accepted guests
- Assist guests in setting and realizing goals with counseling, guidance, resource referrals, and required courses
- Meet with supervised guest families several times a week
- Maintain electronic records of guest contacts and permanent guest records; keep necessary statistics
- Ensure compliance with guidelines for the use of Family Promise Resource Center facilities and guidelines for guest behavior
- Conduct weekly house meetings
- Conduct periodic workshops and training opportunities for guests
- Assist emergency shelter guests with access to the telephone, computer, and other resources
- Direct guests daily with Family Promise Resource Center tasks
- Maintain a relationship with the staff at other social service agencies
- Maintain knowledge of community resources
- Manage caseloads for Rapid Rehousing referrals
- Transport guests in facility van when needed
- Log all case notes onto FPForce system daily
- Host Congregation Relationships
- Coordinate and communicate daily/weekly contact with congregation volunteers regarding guest count, guest special needs, and other related information
- Together with other staff and congregation coordinators, provide training for host and support congregations
- Other Duties
- Open/close resource center as scheduled in rotation with other staff/volunteers
- Answer telephones
- Participate in all staff activities including but not limited to, host coordinator meetings, volunteer training, and special events
- Handle emergency calls on occasion when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
Full Time, salary based on experience and qualifications
To Apply for this Job:
Send resume and cover letter to Tina Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, October 31, 2019