Director, Foundation & Individual Giving
Folds of Honor seeks a self-directed individual with a proven track record of stewarding long-term relationships and securing financial resources to serve as a Director of Foundation and Individual Giving. The Director is responsible for effective strategies and systems for raising significant gifts from individual donors. The Director carries a portfolio of established donors and meets a specific personal revenue goal. The Director is a highly collaborative member of the Development team and fulfills the primary role in the organization’s individual giving strategy.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and execute personalized strategies for individual donors.
- Partner with Marketing Department to plan and design strategic cultivation and stewardship events and fundraising appeals.
- Emphasize the identification and cultivation of major donor prospects, utilizing 1-on-1 visits, agency activities and events, and
- Development staff to achieve growth targets.
- Relationship manager for a personal portfolio of donors, developing and implementing strategies to move these prospects towards established goals, choreographing cultivation moves, working collaboratively with other staff and volunteers as appropriate and ensuring timely follow-through.
- In collaboration with the Executive Vice President, recommend and implement strategies to increase giving from assigned individual donors.
- Ensure all donors receive appropriate, prompt acknowledgement and updates on the impact that their gifts have made.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about programs, maintaining the capacity to share our successes with donors, volunteers, and the community.
- With support from Development team, measure, track and report progress against revenue targets and other established metrics (such as new donors, retained donors, cultivation moves, etc.).
- Manage Grant Writer and grant process and procedures.
- Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4-6 years of work experience in fundraising and/or sales, and grant writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build relationships with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with excellent follow-through
- Values-driven individual with track record of achievement and proven ability to innovate and manage towards ambitious goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team effort.
- Ability to stay current on industry trends, to think creatively and propose new ways to engage donors.
- Comfortable externally representing the organization.
Position Reports to:
Executive Vice President
To Apply for this Job:
Email resume to Ashley Lynn firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, October 4, 2019