Payroll & Business Office Administrator
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Payroll and Business Office Administrator will be responsible for processing all aspects of weekly payroll for part-time, union and non-union employees. This position will also be responsible for processing accounts payable and credit card reconciliations.
The ideal candidate has experience in processing both payroll and accounts payable, thrives in a fast-paced environment and can troubleshoot payroll and accounting issues as they arise. They have customer service experience, a demonstrated enthusiasm for the arts and can work collaboratively with colleagues across a growing organization.
This position is classified as part time non-exempt. The Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- This is a part time position working up to 24 hours per week.
- Work schedule: Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 3:00pm.
Essential Job Functions:
Payroll, Hiring & Benefits:
- Generate weekly payroll for approximately 50 - 200 employees, depending on season.
- Collect, review and process time sheets, obtain approvals from managers and follow up on missing time sheets.
- Post direct deposits into BOK Treasury Source.
- Process payroll changes (new hires, terminations, employee updates) and perform quality review of data.
- Set-up and maintain employee personnel files and review for correct documentation.
- Assist with on-boarding of new employees.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental, long-term disability and AFLAC benefits.
- Report new hires to State of Oklahoma.
- Administer Cobra.
- Conduct background checks.
- Distribute annual W2s and 1099s forms.
- Post invoices and credit card receipts into QuickBooks.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Reconcile credit card statements.
- Prepare weekly deposits and take to bank.
- Prepare and reconcile show money bags.
- Answer Lyric Theatre phone calls.
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Ability to operate Business Office in Business Manager’s absence.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in a business related field (preferred but not required).
- At least 3 years of experience working in a business office setting.
- At least 3 years of experience processing payroll and accounts payable.
- Three or more years of payroll experience.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of payroll processes and systems.
- Knowledge of state and federal payroll wage and tax laws and overtime requirements.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks payroll systems (preferred).
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate professionally, effectively and discreetly with colleagues, volunteers, vendors and donors.
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Office Suite and Google products.
- Fundamental accounting knowledge.
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
Monday - Thursday 9am - 3pm
To Apply for this Job:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.