Director of Development and Marketing
The Director of Development and Marketing will support the Thrive mission and the collaboration by executing the fundraising and communications goals of the organization. The Development and Marketing Director creates, implements, and manages a strategic approach to fundraising and marketing which includes annual fund development, personal solicitations, corporate donations, grant solicitation, special events, in-kind resources, publications, social media and other PR efforts. The most successful candidate in this position will be adept at communicating the collaboration’s impact to a wide variety of audiences via written word (website, social media, brochures) as well as being highly efficient in managing and fundraising strategies, fundraising database, donor mailings and solicitations, and organizing and implementing special events.
- Donor Relations + Fundraising
- Manage a comprehensive donor development and fund raising program to ensure the organization meets its annual and long-term fundraising goals.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with corporations, foundations and individuals to meet the funding goals, utilizing the CEO and Board of Directors when appropriate.
- Provide support and guidance to Board of Directors’ Development and Marketing Committee.
- Coordinate corporate and foundation grant program, research opportunities, write grants & handle follow-up and reporting.
- Develop and coordinate donor stewardship activities.
- Lead and participate in site visits, presentations and speaking engagements for donors, prospects, civic and corporate groups, and members of the general public.
- Manage and maintain donor database to include basic donor information, donations, and produce donor acknowledgements in a timely manner;
- Utilize the eTapestry database to pull reports, mailing lists, and donor records to assist in fundraising efforts such as individual asks, annual fall mailing, and grant writing;
- Manage all donations including tracking, gift acceptance, and gift acknowledgements;
- Communications and Marketing
- Communicate Thrive’s brand and initiatives efficiently and accurately via website, printed materials, social media, etc.;
- Work in partnership with third-party web manager to ensure Thrive’s website functions properly;
- Develop and implement systems to update website content and design across all program areas;
- Design and publish basic marketing pieces utilizing InDesign, Adobe, Canva and other emerging tools to help program areas increase registrations and to refine Thrive’s brand (including the Annual Report, Program Brochures, etc.);
- Develop more communications pieces including, but not limited to, materials for Thrive’s Annual Campaign and new strategic plan rollout
- Provide training to Thrive staff to ensure consistent and effective brand communication via social media, website, print materials, and verbal communication;
- Coordinate communications efforts for special events;
- Create, format, and distribute quarterly newsletter;
- Update and manage email lists using eTapestry and MailChimp.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in successful non-profit fundraising and marketing experience.
- Knowledge of federal and state legislation and regulations affecting charities.
- Knowledge of technology within a fundraising and marketing environment (i.e. database, social media, reporting, MailChimp, cell phone, texting, etc.).
- Person of exemplary character who is committed to uphold and advance Thrive’s mission.
- Takes responsibility for financial well-being of the agency and for meeting goals and deadlines.
- Possesses above average written and oral communication skills.
- Able to excel in a dynamic work setting with multiple projects and pressured deadlines.
- Able to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to analyze the effectiveness of all marketing and communications efforts (SEO).
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must possess a valid OK Driver's license, have reliable transportation and the ability to drive.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to carry 25 pounds and carry a display board to presentations.
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
Full time / Salary Range dependent on experience
To Apply for this Job:
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, desired salary range and three (3) professional references to: email@example.com
or mail to:
Thrive Search Committee
3000 United Founders Blvd., Suite 247
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Tuesday, October 1, 2019