Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for researching, preparing, writing and submitting grant applications, and managing a comprehensive donor base and fundraising data system. Additional job duties include executing and maintaining development procedures in the area of financial growth and sustainability. The Director of Development is also responsible for drafting monthly thank you letters to donors and developing the copy and content for special fundraising activities including but not limited to direct mailers and Capital Campaign collateral content. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Proven experience in fundraising, networking, and grant writing
- Effective organizational skills
- Outstanding skills in written and verbal communication and community relations
- Demonstrates exemplary character
- Excellent knowledge of office management and computer skills especially Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and database operations.
- Experience with Mac OS software and programs
- Experience using Salsa data base or similar donor management database
- Basic understanding of people in need and how to work with such individuals without enabling them
- Ability to work with staff and participants in a positive and productive manner
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to receive and adhere to instruction and direction from supervisor
- Commitment to the TEEM philosophy, concept and program
- Desire to learn, develop and grow as a professional
- Willingness and ability to adhere to TEEM’s policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required, but Master’s Degree preferred.
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
Please email cover letter and resume to Mandy Dorman at email@example.com.