Director of Elementary Programs
The Director of Elementary Programs is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a broad range of programs for youth between the ages of 6 and 11 in all Club locations serving elementary students. Program areas include Character and Leadership Development, Education and Career Development, Health and Life Skills, the Arts, and Sports, Fitness and Recreation. This position also provides leadership and supervision to elementary school Site Directors and the Memorial Park Elementary Programs Director and will manage budgets and control expenses as assigned.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Oversee staff responsible for the implementation and delivery of programs and activities that facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes (including academic success, healthy lifestyles and community involvement) at all Boys & Girls Clubs of Oklahoma County sites that serve elementary age students.
- Train, monitor and develop staff so that programs are well delivered. Responsible for direct supervision of Site Directors, including approval of their time-sheets and requests for PTO.
- Work with staff to create a safe environment, including strict adherence to staff policies.
- Ensure emergency procedures are implemented and followed and take immediate action to prevent accidents, and be prepared for any weather of human caused incident.
- Serve as a liaison between program and administrative staff to ensure aligned goals and responsibilities are met.
- Empower members and staff to be leaders through positive role modeling.
- Train staff on BGCA and local program activities in the following areas: Character & Leadership, Education & Career
- Development, Health & Life Skills, The Arts, and Sports, Fitness, & Recreation.
- Provide recognition to staff through positive validations, healthy incentives, and affirmation on a regular basis.
- Plan and implement staff development and training programs, including team building/morale boosting opportunities.
- Plan and oversee specific and across the board program curriculum for grade levels K-5th that all sites must consistently implement.
- Work with administration and development staff to create grant opportunities aligned with program goals, and ensure adherence to commitments made.
- Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development and program operations.
- Ensure a productive work environment by conducting weekly staff meetings and visiting sites regularly.
- Coordinate with Area Specialists and Outcomes Manager prior to creation of program calendars.
- Program Development and Implementation
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members and appearance of the facility at all times.
- Develop and direct emergency procedures including appropriate drills.
- Ensure completion of required reports and preparation of any inter-agency reports.
- Maintain front-line accountability for quality program delivery including core programs, new initiatives, summer programs, and outcome measurement systems.
- Evaluate all program activity and impact to ensure that it is regularly and consistently reviewed. Ensure that action steps are implemented, reviewed & updated regularly and program improvements are made as a regular process.
- Develop monthly/quarterly program schedules and plan implementation with Site Directors.
- Ensure programs are inclusive to all genders, abilities, and cultures.
- Ensure designated and daily year-round and summer programs meet stated objectives, member needs and interests, are organized and engaging and result in high participation.
- Plan, execute, and collect program data to support measures and report outcomes; prepares programs' reports, as needed.
- Align club program strategy to organizational program tracks and training framework.
- Provide regular communication to administrative, development and Club staff regarding program activities at the Clubs.
- Provide impact results including National Youth Outcomes Initiatives (NYOI), with a goal of increasing Optimal Club Experience scores at all sites each year.
- Work with the President/CEO to handle crisis situations and take action to resolve conflicts, disputes and concerns of staff, club members, volunteers, and parents. Also report incidents to BGCA/DHS as appropriate.
- Work as part of a team as demonstrated by respectful interactions, assuming fair share of work, communicating directly (avoiding gossip), and approaching constructive criticism with a learning attitude.
- Participate in network-wide shared learning. Share experiences and learning with other BGC organizations through collaborative and team opportunities.
- Monitor program delivery and work with program staff to plan and implement improvements. Communicate with club staff, members and partner agencies to insure understanding of programs opportunities, schedule and plans when outside entities participate in program delivery.
- Communicate and enforce the organization's policies, procedures and standards with regard to upkeep, usage and maintenance of program areas and equipment.
- ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and occasionally oversee special programs and/or events. Participate in the implementation of other activities, if necessary.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of Youth Development emphasis preferred
- A minimum of two years' work experience directly with youth, in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization, managing full-time/part-time staff, and planning activities based on the developmental needs of young people
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated organization, staff and project management abilities
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff
- SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Prior Boys & Girls Club experience including training in BGCA programs (i.e. Weikart, CQI, Smart Moves, etc.)
- Program & Budget Management
- Strong Presentation Skills
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to put the job title as your email subject!
Friday, September 13, 2019