A vital part of the Oklahoma Zoological Society team, the Marketing Coordinator will work alongside the Director of Marketing and Communications to construct strategic plans that bring greater awareness to and increase sales of ZOOfriends memberships. This will involve developing an understanding of membership trends, identifying opportunities for growth, and implementing initiatives across multiple media. The position will also be responsible for assisting with content and planning for the ZOOfriends website, as well social media accounts, e-newsletters, and other outreach.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing plans to grow ZOOfriends membership sales and retention, including the strategic use of email marketing, social media initiatives, digital advertising, print collateral and advertising, and in-person sales activities;
- Overseeing data analysis and evaluation to better understand membership sales trends and identify market opportunities, including the development and distribution of surveys;
- Reporting on membership metrics and marketing outcomes, and suggesting improvements;
- Crafting persuasive marketing content;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to produce effective promotional materials;
- Coordinating with agency partners on branding and creative;
- Obtaining necessary consent on all marketing collateral and promotions;
- Consistently posting content to the ZOOfriends social media accounts;
- Creating marketing presentations for stakeholders;
- Using a CMS to update content for zoofriends.org;
- Assisting with e-newsletter and member magazine creation;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Full-time, salaried position generally scheduled between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm. Most work for this position will involve regular working hours, but successful applicant must be willing to work flexible hours on occasion, including evenings and weekends. This full time, non-exempt position is eligible for health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, accident coverage, IRA retirement program, paid time off, and paid holidays.
- Highly energetic and positive individual with excellent attention to detail and follow-through;
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, achieve goals, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and work within a budget;
- A creative, yet critical thinker with a strong drive to solve problems;
- Ability to analyze and organize large sums of information and produce reports;
- Strong copywriting and editing skills;
- The intellectual depth, maturity, and collaborative skills necessary to gain the trust and confidence of OZS and Zoo staff, board members, and volunteers;
- A motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive, an eye for the creative, and a positive disposition willing to generate new ideas and strategies;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in a marketing or communications role
- Position requires desk work and the ability to be mobile on the grounds of the Zoo when assisting with special events;
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License, ability to drive, and reliable transportation;
- Must be able to pass a background check;
- Must be able to carry and move objects that may weigh 20-25 pounds.
Position Reports to:
Director of Marketing and Communications
Hours and Salary:
$40,000 - $42,500 Annual
To Apply for this Job:
Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter, salary history, three references, and any supporting materials to:
Annie Smith, Director of Marketing & Communications
Oklahoma Zoological Society
P.O. Box 18424 / Oklahoma City, OK 73154
Friday, October 4, 2019