The Communications Manager is responsible for designing a communications plan to meet the needs of Positive Tomorrows and its clients as expressed in the Purpose Statement, Mission Statement and Strategic Plan. The Communications Manager manages the cultivation events in collaboration with the Development Director. The Communications Manager assists with outreach and presentations in the community, including United Way activities, and Public Relations to increase exposure of the organization and recruit volunteers. The Communications Manager serves as staff member liaison to the Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A university degree; 2 or more years successful experience in graphic design, fundraising, media relations, volunteer recruitment or training and support.
- Language Ability:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to clearly communicate to media and create interesting media opportunities.
- Math Ability:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Project Management software, design software, photography and Database software.
Position Reports to:
Director of Development
To Apply for this Job:
Please email a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com