Thunderbird Clubhouse is interested in hiring enthusiastic and innovative people who want to work in a nontraditional mental health setting. Our agency works with adults with mental health issues, and focus on their strengths, talents and abilities to help them with their recovery goals. Our employees need to be compassionate, hard working, and willing to work with large groups of people at once.
- Bachelor's degree in any field or at least two years work experience in a social services field
- Current driver's license
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Engages members in all unit work.
- Builds healthy and supportive relationships with members while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Works side-by-side with members in all work of the Clubhouse.
- Performs nontraditional case management in the areas of entitlements, housing, employment, education, and wellness.
- Advocates with and on behalf of members.
- Conveys a vibrant energy in making the work of the Clubhouse more attractive in nature.
- Works at least one social per month (weekend day), some evenings, and at least three holidays per year.
- Adheres to Clubhouse's policies, philosophy, and the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs.
- Manages at least one of Clubhouse's transitional employment placements.
- Provides off-site job coaching.
- Travels to trainings and conferences with members as needed.
- Co-leads meetings and planning committees with members and other staff members.
- Co-leads members in wellness activities, including but not limited to workout sessions and stretching exercises.
- Provides outreach to members in the form of phone calls, home visits, and hospital visits as needed.
- Assists in preparing reports and outcome measurements for certain funding requirements.
- Performs basic conflict resolution skills.
- Transports members in Clubhouse vehicles
- Promotes the development of members' recovery goals.
- Responds to the needs of members without focusing on the effects of mental illness and social maladjustment.
- Engages with members and other staff in developing programs and policies for the Clubhouse.
- Manages the variety and complexity of activity and demands in a group setting.
- Communicates clearly and respectfully with other staff and members.
- Prepares relevant paperwork in a timely manner.
- Stays updated with current and relevant mental health policies and issues.
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
40 hours per week/$15.38 hourly
To Apply for this Job:
Please email resume and references to Linn Blohm, executive director, email@example.com
Mail resume and references to
P.O. Box 1666
Norman, OK 73070
Sunday, September 15, 2019