Assistant Director/Volunteer Coordinator
DaySpring Villa is the only faith-based, certified domestic violence and human sex trafficking shelter in Oklahoma for adults and their children. The position is responsible to assist in over-all shelter management, to enlist and supervise volunteers, and to lead in development of the ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent people/communication skills.
- Creative thinker/problem solver.
- Able to successfully handle multiple demands and perform effectively despite changing priorities.
- Be an active member of a local Southern Baptist church.
- Sign the DaySpring Villa statement of faith and sign the DaySpring Villa honor code.
- Determine the volunteer needs of DaySpring Villa through constant, clear communication with the Executive Director and staff.
- Enlist volunteers for established needs of DaySpring Villa. Present needs and opportunities for volunteers to churches, groups and individuals on a regular basic.
- Ensure all staff and volunteers receive orientation and training as required before service begins.
- Maintain a work schedule of staff, volunteers and service providers.
- Maintain required volunteer records in a location and a manner that is accessible to staff.
- Provide a list of current and potential volunteers and service providers for all areas. Update the list on a regular basis.
- Build the volunteer program.
- Provide constant support and encouragement for all volunteers.
- Develop programs for appropriate recognition of volunteers.
- Participate in a variety of activities in order to educate and increase the awareness of
DaySpring Villa’s volunteer needs.
- Perform periodic evaluations of staff, under her direction, volunteers and service
providers and file evaluations in their records.
- Coordinate, orient, and supervise summer missionaries.
- Coordinate, organize, and supervise holiday activities, donation, and volunteers.
- Represent DaySpring Villa on community Committees as requested by the Executive Director, i.e. Tulsa Association of Volunteer Administrators.
- Cover for the Executive Director in her absence and at per-assigned times.
- Attend training as needed to meet domestic violence and sexual assault standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
Please email cover letter and resume to 'email@example.com
Wednesday, July 24, 2019